PDA

View Full Version : When to back off??

JerBear77
03-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok, just got knocked out on w/ a bubble hand that i misplayed, but that's not the question...

With about 20% left im sitting on 20K with 200/400 blinds and ive stole sucessfully a couple of times and then got caught a couple of times as well....

When do you guys determine is the best time to "back off" for a bit and then build back a "tight" image before you kick it into high gear.

Sorry, dumb posts by me lately but im really really excited to get better at the concepts of MTT now that ive gotten my feet wet with it.

Thanks for the imput!

schwza
03-18-2005, 04:29 PM
as soon as i get caught the first time (defining "caught" as having to fold to a 3bet or getting called, betting the flop, and not winning the hand) i chill out. cause if you get caught twice quickly, you start to have problems.

but i don't ever go too far in my "gearing down." if i have KT 2 off the button, i'm raising. it might be the case that i should be willing to gear down more if i've been getting caught, but i rarely do. i mean i'll stop trying to open 46s 3 off the button, which i'd normally do (once the blinds are big enough to steal).

remember party tables will be broken in order, so you can know how much "investing in a tight image" for the future is worth.