PDA

View Full Version : AK in hand, KQJ on board, reraised all-in

chopchoi
03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
MTT, blinds 15/30. I have about 1,400 chips. I'm in EP with AKo. I raise to 120, and get 2 callers in late position.

The flop is KQJ. I bet the pot, one player calles, the other pushes.

1) how have I played the hand so far?
2) what do I do now?

edfilan
03-18-2005, 03:00 PM
You're likely up against KQ or possibly KJ, JQ. A made straight most likely would not have pushed. (Actually the caller is more likely to have AT than the pusher).

What are the other stack sizes? Assuming they are about the same as yours, the pot is laying you about 5:2. You are probably behind, but you have lots of outs. If you truly are up against no more than 2 pair, you have 10 outs on the turn and 13 outs on the river giving you about a 45% chance of winning. Considering this alone makes it an easy call, but I'd be worried about a flopped set (JJ may have smooth-called preflop) or the slow-playing caller.

It's close, but I'd probably grit my teeth and call.

MrLob
03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Not an easy fold but, I think you should put it down. You probably only have 7 outs best case (A's and 10's), and it's highly probable that you have less (made straight or set). Tough loss but live to fight another day. The tourney jsut started.

03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
the only way you have 10 outs is if he has QJ. If he has KQ or KJ, you only have 7 outs(3 aces and 4 tens). Also, if I had 9T I might play my hand like this. I don't want to have a T rip off on the turn and be in an awkward situation. If it was heads up I would call, but that 3rd player leans this towards a fold I think.

Gavin

adanthar
03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
I'd bet 2/3 of the pot instead and either way I fold this now.

schwza
03-18-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with both parts.

this is a relatively rare time i'll fold TPTK for one raise.

betgo
03-18-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this advice. I might check the flop in fact. This is not a good flop for you. You have top pair, but there are too many two pair possibilities, as well as possible sets, possible straights, and possible straight draws.

edfilan
03-18-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the only way you have 10 outs is if he has QJ. If he has KQ or KJ, you only have 7 outs(3 aces and 4 tens). Also, if I had 9T I might play my hand like this. I don't want to have a T rip off on the turn and be in an awkward situation. If it was heads up I would call, but that 3rd player leans this towards a fold I think.

Gavin

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I miscounted again. My bad. With only 7 outs, I'd fold too.

LethalRose
03-18-2005, 07:13 PM
easy fold....bad bad flop..

A10 is a very common hand to call a 3x raise with...i think you're up against a str8 here.