PDA

View Full Version : Overplay heads up with ace queen offsuit

mowz
03-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I got raped this hand so I want to know if anybody would play this any differently. Read on Hawker is VP$IP 36.54 PFR 4 PFA 1.71 over 52 hands.

UltimateBet 3/6

Pre Flop:

Everyone folds to SB who raises, Hero Reraises from the BB, SB calls

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero reraises, SB caps, Hero calls

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Hero calls.

Results in white below:
<font color="white"> SB shows Kd Ts.
SB has Kd Ts Th Ks Kh: full house, kings full of tens.
Hero mucks cards.
(Hero has As Qc.) </font>

crunchy1
03-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I haven't read the results yet but with those type PT stats and a flop cap I'm thinking you're beat. I think a better read on Villian would help. He looks like an LA/P-P from the stats but is he a thinking player? Is he tricky? Kind of seems so to me after this hand.

Looks a lot like AA/KK when he smooth calls your PF 3-bet and then is capping the flop. He seems to know that you've got a big hand as well and is going to take every penny from you. I'm surprised he wussed out going for the Trifecta on the river.

It's a tough hand to let go HU. If you're not confident in your read then check the turn and check/call the river.

btspider
03-18-2005, 01:52 PM
it happens to everyone and we all hate it.

i wouldn't be opposed to a turn check. if he's got AT when i check, so be it. of course, i am probably being results oriented. don't include them next time.

riffraff
03-18-2005, 01:57 PM
It's a blind steal situation, you have a very strong hand heads up. I dont think you played it wrong at all.

PokerBob
03-18-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got raped this hand so I want to know if anybody would play this any differently. Read on Hawker is VP$IP 36.54 PFR 4 PFA 1.71 over 52 hands.

UltimateBet 3/6

Pre Flop:

Everyone folds to SB who raises, Hero Reraises from the BB, SB calls

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero reraises, SB caps, Hero calls

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Hero calls.

Results in white below:
<font color="white"> SB shows Kd Ts.
SB has Kd Ts Th Ks Kh: full house, kings full of tens.
Hero mucks cards.
(Hero has As Qc.) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I play it any differently than you did. Although the cap-the-flop, check the turn move is suspicious.

Jonny Melon
03-18-2005, 02:01 PM
When SB caps on the flop (given the pre-flop action), then checks the turn here, it really smells like a C/R (that you are almost certainly behind to). I think a turn check is fine here.

After checking the turn, I would call a bet on the river, or bet if checked to.

Jon

mowz
03-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I love you guys. Thanks for the help.

jskills
03-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Anyone here fold pre-flop?

Easy to say no when you see the results, but what hands are you happy about calling a pre-flop raise against with AQo?

PokerBob
03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone here fold pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.No.No.

[ QUOTE ]
Easy to say no when you see the results, but what hands are you happy about calling a pre-flop raise against with AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any combination of cards except AK, AA, KK or QQ. So, 165 out of 169.

Fat Nicky
03-18-2005, 03:45 PM
the raise came from the SB so he is probably trying to steal your with a weak hand most of the time.

djoyce003
03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm folding that turn unimproved...especially after the checkraise. You are either up against k10 or ak or even just some random k than just a pair here.

jskills
03-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Next time I'll pay attention to positions a little more closely. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Of course, you're correct.

Thx.