PDA

View Full Version : More Dead Aces--$30/60 Stud/8

Andy B
10-05-2002, 01:05 AM
$30/60 stud/8 with a $5 ante and $10 bring-in. The low card is two to my left. Two players fold, one showing an Ace. Another Ace completes the bet to $30. This guy is an excellent high-only stud player and a decent, winning hold'em player. I think he beats this game as well, but he overvalues high hands. Another fold, and I am next with (AsAc)Qs. Obviously, the Aces are dead, but Queens and spades are pretty live. The game is such that if I make it $60 to go, I will likely be heads-up with the Ace. Should I do this? The players behind me are a loose aggressive guy with a Seven (I think) and the bring-in.

Ray Zee
10-05-2002, 01:34 AM
big difference this time. now you are playing and he has the dead hand. you are ahead and he has a dead card. in the other example the aces were playing against some live hands while being dead. this is the spot you are looking for. play hard at him.

Michael Davis
10-05-2002, 01:51 AM
Andy,

I would reraise this hand and play it heads up. I suspect you did the same. Against such an opponent, I would go into check call mode if things got scary on his board.

Mike