PDA

View Full Version : Plan 99 from Outer Space

naphand
03-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Same table as before ("This hand is a Mess" thread). Very aggro but not entirely mad player to my immediate left (LAG), quite loose and fairly clueless caller next from there (Lucy Clueless). Table has been playing quite aggressively and lots of CR and 3-betting going on. Most of the showdowns are to legitimate hands, but there is some trickiness about. LAG knows I will raise PF with more than just AK/AA/KK /images/graemlins/smirk.gif and will bet the flop, he is expecting this.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Naphand is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Lucy Clueless)</font> calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB <font color="#A500AF">(LAG)</font> 3-bets</font>, UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Lucy Clueless)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand caps</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(LAG)</font> calls, UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Lucy Clueless)</font> calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LAG raises</font>, Lucy Clueless calls, Naphand... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

What's your plan?

jayrutz2
03-18-2005, 12:56 PM
raises!

Turn plan is tough though. If capped on the flop I would probably bet out and fold to a raise. If called on the 3 bet I would go for a C/R on a non-scare card, and check call down on scare..but this is a really tough one...

Alobar
03-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Interesting, I dont like Lucys call, but then as the name provides, it could just as easily be A6, or J4 or who knows, just as easily as a ten. LAG also sounds like the type of guy who would c/r overs or something like 88, so I really dont want to fold, cuz the pot is pretty darned big

So the question becomes, does 3 betting do anything for you? Will it encourage anyone to fold on the turn, if you get capped will that actually tell you something about LAGs hand? If the answer to either of these is yes, then I say 3 bet, the pot is huge, if you can do anything to help yourself out, then do it. Otherwise Im going into call down mode, unless it gets really ugly

edit to add: Oops, I missed you are the SB, so it wasnt a c/r, my advice stays relatively the same, altho it makes me like a 3 bet even more.

djoyce003
03-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Threebet it. Re-assess if you get capped. If they call the threebet, lead the turn, fold to another raise and another call.

Guy McSucker
03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
The line-up seems so erratic that I don't think you can make a clear decision about whether you're ahead here or not. However, it seems likely you're winning often enough to call it down, so let's rule folding out.

Lucy Clueless has called two cold on the flop. It doesn't look like you can get rid of her. LAG almost surely won't fold at any stage if he has anything, and I doubt he'll fold to a flop 3-bet whatever he's holding.

I don't see much sense in pumping the pot: you'll be tempted to fold if you get raised and I don't think you want to fold this hand. I also don't think you're far ahead enough often enough to be raising for value.

Bah. Call it down.

[ QUOTE ]

What's your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit running nines.

Guy.