PDA

View Full Version : TPNK on monotone flop, big pot

randomfish
03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Novice 6-max player here, need some help.

Table is loose-passive overall, no significant reads on any individual player though.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Preflop limp alright? Or maybe suited one-gappers just aren't playable at all at 6-max?

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero...?

Well, I might be ahead, but the pot is huge and nobody's folding to a raise. There's also a pretty big chance I'm drawing nearly dead. Do you fold this right here, even though the pot is big and you may have the best hand? Maybe call, and raise a non-heart, non-overcard turn (folding to a 3-bet)? Only, if SB bets again on the turn and everyone calls again there'll be 11 BB in the pot...

spydog
03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Preflop is fine.

I call the flop bet closing the action. This is a great hand to have position because you will be able to observe the turn action and act accordingly.

randomfish
03-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero...?

So I'm thinking raise, call a 3-bet, river an 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif but call one on the river UI if closing the action, folding to 2 bets anywhere along the line?

witeknite
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Sounds good to me.

WiteKnite