A9s in BB
villian is tight PF but loose postflop

5 way in a raised flop.

Flop is T33 rainbow
offsuit 9 on the turn SB bets I raise.
SB calls and the rest fold.
River is K

checked to me.

This is not a time to value bet, correct?
What if the river was a 7?
Is it worth a fold if bet into on a king river?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-18-2005, 11:42 AM
yeah i'd check behind here too.

Schizo
03-18-2005, 11:46 AM
What do you do if bet into on the king river?

Nice avatar btw.

PokerBob
03-18-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A9s in BB
villian is tight PF but loose postflop

5 way in a raised flop.

Flop is T33 rainbow
offsuit 9 on the turn SB bets I raise.
SB calls and the rest fold.
River is K

checked to me.

This is not a time to value bet, correct?
What if the river was a 7?
Is it worth a fold if bet into on a king river?

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened on the flop? Please help me understand why the turn raise is correct. Are we assuming that our 9 is good? Or at least good enough often enough to justify raising to blow away AQ and the like?

CallMeIshmael
03-18-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What happened on the flop? Please help me understand why the turn raise is correct. Are we assuming that our 9 is good? Or at least good enough often enough to justify raising to blow away AQ and the like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I'm not the OP, I'm assuming the flop was checked around. This hand is VERY VERY similar to hand 5 on page 289 of SSHE, which is why he mentioned that.

I think I fold to a bet on the river. You are 10-1 now (right?) and I don't think your good often enough, especially since he is assuming you will call. Against a tricky opponent, I call.

Schizo
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes it was 10SB on the flop and it was checked around.

Schizo
03-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Here is a question, does it matter what the flop high card is in this move? Is it ok to pull this move if the flop cam K33?

bernie
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Can you give a little less description of the action? Im having a hard time wading through all the info given here.

If he bets into you, you represented trips on the turn. He could easily have you beat. Player knowledge helps a bit here as most with trips would either 3 bet then lead the river, or go into call down mode.

Based on the info given = Not much, the K really doesn't change anything.

If checked to, I'd bet. He could easily have a worse 9 or lower PP.
If bet into, I might call just because it looks like an odd bet. Unless this was the preflop raiser. Then I'd lean even more on laying it down.

b

Schizo
03-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Can you give a little less description of the action? Im having a hard time wading through all the info given here.

Ok I left out who was the PF raiser (it was an EP raiser) which was my mistake. Other then that, what else did I leave out?

I didn't explicitly say that the flop was checked, but I figured that would obvious. My bad, I won't do that again.