PDA

View Full Version : 99 - Is my line funky?

JoshuaD
03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Villian is a sLP-P after about 20, 24/0/1 numbers.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Is the flop raise over aggressive?

Grease
03-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I raise this PF, and I think it's a pretty clear value raise.

If you're playing after the flop (which you definitely should), you must raise here and try to buy position and drive out the other players.

Turn bet and river check are fine.

crunchy1
03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Undecided about not raising PF - I think it could go either way.

Flop play is raise or fold, IMO, and read dependant on the other players in the pot. I'm certain you had a read, raised and accomplished exactly what you set out to do: (a) isolate against the SB and (b) take control of the hand. Good Play!!

Personally I bet this out the whole way but, again it's kind of read dependant and I've been gaining a tendancy towards the LAG-ier side of poker lately /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

I think you'll rarely if ever see a 5 from the SB who probably would've lead-out or checkraised the turn; although if he's very tricky he may wait until the river. Sometimes you'll see a J that you raised into submission on the flop but with this hand you really don't have to worry about getting checkraised on the river. I think the majority of the time you'll see SB with an 8 or smaller PP that will call one final bet again on the river.

Bet the river for value.

Super Pro
03-18-2005, 11:09 AM
you missed a really easy value bet.

JoshuaD
03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry, I don't know why I didn't include my read, I've edited it back into my original post.

DMBFan23
03-18-2005, 11:15 AM
folding the flop might be a good play on a drawless board, but I think it's way more likely than usual that SB is betting a draw on this board. I think the flop play is awesome.

Lame Amateur
03-18-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel you are the ying to my yang.

miajag81
03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Raise preflop, and bet the river IMO. Flop raise is good.

SteveGriff
03-18-2005, 01:03 PM
If you have a decent read on the player and think that your opponent is tricky then raising was a good play. Against a typical rock player I'd be more inclined to fold.

On the river I think you'd only get called with hands that could beat you

Steve Griff

chief444
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Looks good. I like a river check. It's somewhat close though.

JerseyTom
03-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Raise preflop for value, even from the blinds; 99 wins about 40% of the time.

When a LP-P leads out on a flop like this (does he only bet TP or will he lead out with middle pairs and draws?), I get a little concerned, but I'd still raise to thin the field and see how much he likes his hand.

Turn, bet great.

River: He's calling with a J, probably an 8 (if he would bet the flop wit an 8) and certainly not with a busted draw. I probably check behind, but I think I miss a lot of river bets (getting C/R'ed makes me want to throw up in my mouth). That said, there's apporximately 0% chance you're getting bluff C/R'ed on this river by a LP-P (so fold if he C/R).

Nice hand.

Tom

PokerBob
03-18-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is a sLP-P after about 20, 24/0/1 numbers.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Is the flop raise over aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise this pf.

When a LP bets into you, I think you are probably beaten. The pot is really small. I don't think a flop fold here is bad at all.

colgin
03-18-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I generally think you can't bet the river enough in these Party games but here there are very few hands that villain will call with that you beat. Now if he is a total donk who will call with a busted draw (of which there are many on this board) then I would feel differently.

jskills
03-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Really need to raise preflop.

Otherwise, I think you played it fine. Hopefully, he was betting his 8 ...

Chris_P
03-18-2005, 03:45 PM
i like this, though i probably would have rasied PF i havent read the rest of the replies but i imagine this is the general consensus....