PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 NL -Craziest Home game ever HELP ME! (LONG)

sng-sam
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I am in need of some help. I play in a weekly live 1/2 NL game. Most players are fairly well off but they are terrible players. By way of example....

UTG raises $25 PF...MP2 calls.....Button reraises to $125...UTG calls.....MP2 calls....2 players are all in. Cards flip over....UTG has K/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif .....MP2 has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif button has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif ...nuff said. Now on to MY problems.

$10 is the minimum raise in this game. Unconventional but the norm here.

Hand #1:
MP2 limps.....MP3 limps CO limps Hero (button) had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif Hero raises to $10 SB calls.....MP 3 calls.

Pot has ~$50...
Flop 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks MP3 Checks...Hero bets $50 SB reraises $80 Hero MP3 folds Hero calls (all in)

Showdown: SB shows Q/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif
Turn and River are no help

Do I not bet $50 on the flop here? I think I have to make a potsized bet here to protect against the flush? These are the typical ways that big hands get cracked in this game. Do I just accept this as the reality and realise that proper play will win more often than lose (ala Fundemental Theorem of Poker) or do I just stop playing in this game?

onehandfold
03-18-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do I just accept this as the reality and realise that proper play will win more often than lose (ala Fundemental Theorem of Poker) or do I just stop playing in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever stop going to a game with so much ridiculous action. You have a bankroll. You can take a few ridiculous beats, but you stated the number one reason to keep playing there.

TheWorstPlayer
03-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Looks like guys will call raises bigger than $10 (or even just re-raise). I would probably make $15 my standard raiser here. If I am still routinely getting called in multiple places, I would raise it to $20. That way when people check/fold the flop, you will be doing better at covering when they call with garbage and you lose your stack. Just raise it up as high as you can and still get callers when you have a premuim starter. DEFINITELY do not stop playing there! This game sounds great!

mgsimpleton
03-18-2005, 12:40 PM
if you stop playing there please never play poker again.

etgryphon
03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you stop playing there please never play poker again.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Gryph