PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom micro-tourneys are pretty great (Low Content)

Sam T.
03-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Just signed up at PR a couple of days ago, but I'm hooked. The benefits:

-$10 and under tournaments every hour or so.
-Reasonable blind structure (1500 stacks, increase every 12 minutes, but not always doubling)
-Smallish fields (10:00 PM, $10, 150 people), so they don't take forever.

And granted I've got only a few tournies there, but the players seem to be pretty timid. They limped, I raised, they folded. Or, even better, they limped, I raised, they called, they checked, I bet, they folded. I felt like MLG. (It also means that you can end up playing AA in a raised pot against six people. In these circumstances I recommend hitting your set.)

I'm Sam T. and I endorsed this message.

Sam

Simplistic
03-18-2005, 12:16 PM
something i've known for a long time.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif their sngs are good too

Soul Daddy
03-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Interesting. I've had completely different experiences there, but also a very small sample size. It seemed that everyone was laggy, and combined with the 12 min blinds to make it a crapshoot.

I'll definitely give it another shot if they add $6K to more payouts though. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rduke55
03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks Sam, now they'll be more people there who actually know what they're doing /images/graemlins/mad.gif
You just ruined my ROI.
Seriously though, they are really fishy there. I'm an average player but manage to make final tables a lot on PR.