PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Omaha/8 Satellites?

AnyAce
03-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi All,
Does anyone know of any online poker rooms offering sats to any of the Omaha/8 events at the WSOP? It looks like its all NL all the time at pokerstars and the others I've checked out...

(I posted this in the Zoo, but it was quickly pushed to the 5th page by the next day...)

Thanks
AnyAce

omahanut
03-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I would like to know the answer to this as well as I am planning to play in the $1500 event this year. Because it will be my first WSOP event, I would also be interested in anyone's feedback regarding these events in terms of blind structure and such.

beset7
03-18-2005, 06:24 PM
The only non-main event satellites I'm aware of have been for the Pot-Limit Omaha event. As far as Omaha8 goes, I think you'd have to play one of the single-table satellites held before the event itself. Or, if you have a lot of initiative, why not contact some of the online sites and pitch them on the idea of running one? That's how the PLO satellite at Absolute got started. Someone from 2+2 sold them on it.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif b7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AnyAce
03-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Good idea. I had already suggested to Pokerstars that they run satellites for other events. The reply I got was that management would consider it. So far only NL main event.

MaxSquat
03-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I'll tell ya...the very first online site that offers an online satellite to O8 WSOP, there will be MAJOR TRAFFIC. Perhaps I'll run this one by Absolute and see what they say. I know the software sucks but they are pretty open and probably more willing to do it than the big ones like Stars

[ QUOTE ]
Good idea. I had already suggested to Pokerstars that they run satellites for other events. The reply I got was that management would consider it. So far only NL main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

MaxSquat
03-19-2005, 05:25 PM
I just popped Absolute an email and I'll let you know what they say....

AnyAce
03-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks Max. Saw your post. Looks like Absolute may be the way to go.

AA

omahanut
03-26-2005, 06:15 PM
AnyAce,

Just in case you did not get my PM, have you heard anything about the possibilities of a Omaha/8 satellite? Thanks.

AnyAce
03-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi O-Nut,
So far the only thing I've found is what MaxSquat heard from Absolute Poker. It appears that they will do some in April. See his post on 3/19 here:

O-8 satellites (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1964318&page=3&view=expan ded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=)

Will let you know if I hear anything new.
AnyAce

MaxSquat
03-26-2005, 11:14 PM
yes....absolute is going to start them...excat date I'm not sure...once I get the word then I'll bug the hell out of everyone /images/graemlins/cool.gif

McSock
03-28-2005, 06:28 PM
This is great. I will download their software today and depost as soon as I know when they will be running them and the structure of them
Thanks for doing the leg work on this one. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

omahanut
03-28-2005, 07:45 PM
I contacted Absolute twice this afternoon. When I mentioned this to them, each time, the person had no idea what I was talking about. Either I reached some ill-informed customer service folks or this is an urban legend.

MaxSquat
03-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Contact Gian at gian@absolutepoker.com

He is the poker room manager...he was the one that told me that he will set something up sometime this April

AnyAce
03-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Emailed Gian about o/8 satellites at Absolute. His reply:

Hello
We will definitely be starting this in the next several weeks.

Cheers,

Gian

Will keep my eye out...

AA

MaxSquat
03-29-2005, 01:10 PM
How cool is that!!!! Absolute may suck via software...but their willingness to provide these satelitte tournaments receives a TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!

03-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Great /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am looking forward to it.

McSock
04-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I opened an account on Absolute and am working off the bonus now. But I still have not seen any info posted about WSOP O/8 sats. yet

Tom Bayes
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I would be interested as well. I really have little desire to try to qualify for the WSOP main event since I'm not feeling good about my holdem game right now and trying to qualify using only Stars FPPs is like finding a needle in a haystack. I would be very interested in trying to qualify for the WSOP Omaha/8 tournament. I heard this rumor about Absolute and downloaded the software. God it sucks and I haven't deposited any money in yet and won't unless these satellites actually run and are reasonable. Do they have many (any) normal O/8 tournaments on Absolute? If so, how are they? Decent or crummy blind structure?

MarkGritter
04-05-2005, 01:53 AM
I have played O/8 freerolls at Absolute; I believe they have some $5 and $10 Omaha and Omaha H/L MTTs as well. (There is a regular schedule up at http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournamentSchedule.asp.)

I like the Absolute structure because you get a fairly deep stack: t1500 to start, 10/20 blinds to start for NL/PL, 15/30 for Limit. The levels are 10 minutes on pretty much every tournament. Pretty standard for online, I guess?

http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournament-blind-structures-NL-PL.asp
http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournament-blind-structures-limit.asp