PDA

View Full Version : What would you pick?

housenuts
03-18-2005, 08:07 AM
If you could be any of the following in life what would you want?

TStoneMBD
03-18-2005, 08:33 AM
im thinking alist actor. truthfully, i really just want to be rich and go vacate in hawaii on a regular basis. being a pro athelete would be an awesome life, but training can be vigorous and you dont really get a chance to get away from it all except for the offseason. acting would be alot of fun for me. i love movies.

Shajen
03-18-2005, 09:52 AM
I wanted to be an afalete my whole childhood. Sadly, economic issues came up and I wasn't able to make practices and had to get a job at an early age.

All I can do now is hope my children show promise and desire to play sports. If so, I have a ton of patience and willingness to help them do whatever they can. I would not push them too much though, like some [censored] living his dream through his kids dad would.

I liked this poll.

namknils
03-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Athlete

Two Finger
03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm a dork. . i chose family.

Paluka
03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
What are the odds the that someone who picks "CEO of Fortune 500 Company" is a douchebag?

BeerMoney
03-18-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are the odds the that someone who picks "CEO of Fortune 500 Company" is a douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAH

WDC
03-18-2005, 11:44 AM
for the chopices you gave I opicked actor but I would really like to be an a list stand- up.

moondogg
03-18-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my case, it's 100% /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I want the money associated with the position, so I can retire at 30. Honestly, I don't want any of those jobs, as I don't really want to work, but the CEO position gets you the millions without as much destructive influence on your personal life. Also, the CEO position comes with power, and real power at that, as you decide people's profession fate and control a large portion of an industry; for some of the others, the power comes only from people kissing your ass to get something out of you which you're famous.

Being in public spotlight associated with movie stars and (to a lesser degree) athletes would drive my [censored] nutz.

ThisHo
03-18-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
professional athlete

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought long and hard about this one (mostly while humping at my sucky day job) and I"ve come to the conclusion that the BEST job in the world is backup QB in the NFL.
Perks:
1 - BIG salary (OK, not megamillions, but $$$ is not really a worry)
2 - Little/Nothing really expected of you ("Favre goes down, there goes the Packers season. They've got to turn it over to Joe Blow and he, while talented, isn't Brett Favre")
3 - Just famous enough --- you might get a few small endorsement deals to "supplement" that shoddy income, you might not. You won't be recognized by every stiff on the street, but you should be famous enough to get a meal comped here and there and to get an invite to some cool events
4 - Its not that often that you're being pummelled by 350lb linemen that run 4.5 40's.
5 - 8 weeks of travel each year. You're gone some, but not all the time.

Drawbacks:
1 - if they make you play in NFL Europe (unless your kids are of the age that they and your wife could go spend the off-season with you in Europe)
2 - You still occasionally get hit by 350lb linemen
3 - you may have to move more than you and your family would like (but there are LOTS of jobs like this)

So yeah... get me the newest Team Hat, a headset, and a clipboard and I'll be sure that Peyton's got water during the timeouts!

ThisHo

Dangergirl
03-18-2005, 12:15 PM
The only drawbacks to being a rock star and an a list actor are the paparazzi and tabloids. But for all the money they make I think it would be worth it.

As far as a being an athlete I'm not sure if the beating I'd take as a football player would be worth it in the long run. IMO actors have it made, as if they are really good they can keep working even when they get older.

bosoxfan
03-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Kid Rock said it best. Being a rock star is the only job where being caught in a strip club with your pants around your ankles and a bottle of whiskey in your hand is a good thing.

namknils
03-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I chose athlete as I said before, but I thought of choosing Actor. For the pure benefits of it Acting would be a great life, but I don't love films and such as much as I love basketball, so thats why I picked athlete.

Gamblor
03-18-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't care how much money you have, at this moment in time, seeing the entire earth at once, with no, from the moon/space/wherever, is the nuts.

Eurotrash
03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
athlete - specifically, PGA touring professional

perhaps the greatest job there is.

wacki
03-18-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incredibly rich with a stable income and doesn't have to deal with the pains of fame sounds like a good deal to me.

[censored] the fame, I just want the money
-Tupac

fsuplayer
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
athlete - specifically, PGA touring professional

perhaps the greatest job there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

more specifically bruce litzski, i never did like to practice.

housenuts
03-18-2005, 07:37 PM
i picked astronaut because it would be so cool.