PDA

View Full Version : Abortion/pregnancy question

Dead
03-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Why is it that many of the people who call themselves pro-life, would be the same people to kick their unmarried pregnant daughters out on the street?

BCPVP
03-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Perhaps they believe there should be consequences for one's actions?
This daughter broke some rule of the household?
Just speculating. Should they be rejoicing their daughter's irresponsibility?

Dead
03-18-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps they believe there should be consequences for one's actions?
This daughter broke some rule of the household?
Just speculating. Should they be rejoicing their daughter's irresponsibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is exactly what I mean. It's heartless, and it's 100% hypocritical. It also makes me think that the claims about opening lots of pregnancy crisis centers are complete bullshit.

You can't tell your hypothetical pregnant daughter that she should be kicked out of the household and claim to be pro-life.

My respect for you just went down the toilet. I have respect for the pro-lifers who at least practice what they preach.

Dead
03-18-2005, 03:01 AM
If you love your daughter you wouldn't kick her out on the street when she needs help.

BCPVP
03-18-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't tell your hypothetical pregnant daughter that she should be kicked out of the household and claim to be pro-life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain the correlation between holding a pro-life position and forcing one's daughter to live elsewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
My respect for you just went down the toilet. I have respect for the pro-lifers who at least practice what they preach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like someone needs a little lesson on pronouns. I never said this is something I would do. I was merely offering my opinion on what these hypothetical parents' reasoning might be. And I think you're exaggerating how frequent this is.

BCPVP
03-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Agreed. But please don't attack people when they offer an answer to the question you asked.

Dead
03-18-2005, 03:18 AM
It happens more frequently than you think. Why do you think pregnancy crisis centers exist? For teenage moms who don't have parents who are willing to help them out.

BCPVP
03-18-2005, 03:23 AM
And I think it happens less frequently than you'd have us believe.

Dead
03-18-2005, 03:26 AM
The point of this was not to discuss frequency,

but I'd say a conservative estimate would be that it happens at least 1,000 times per year.

Telling the girls that they made a mistake solves nothing. If you believe that babies are great, then you shouldn't offer up justifications for the people who would do something like this.

Dead
03-18-2005, 03:40 AM
At least I didn't ask the other abortion question. The George Carlin one.

Why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna [censored] in the first place?

BCPVP
03-18-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I'd say a conservative estimate would be that it happens at least 1,000 times per year.

[/ QUOTE ]
1,000 times per year in a nation of almost 300 million. Hardly as frequent as your suggesting.

[ QUOTE ]
Telling the girls that they made a mistake solves nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Should no one be told that they've made a mistake because "it solves nothing"? Who ever suggested that this is the solution to this problem?

[ QUOTE ]
If you believe that babies are great, then you shouldn't offer up justifications for the people who would do something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
What?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif
You asked the friggin question! I was speculating on what possible answers this tiny group might offer, in the belief that there probably won't be that many who post their reasons on this forum.

Are you seriously suggesting that no one ever answer a question about a group they don't belong to?

Dead
03-18-2005, 04:00 AM
I wasn't looking for 2+2ers to offer up excuses for these people.

I was looking for people to analyze why this might be: why pro-lifers might very well be the first to kick their pregnant daughters out on the street.

BCPVP
03-18-2005, 04:07 AM
I WASN'T OFFERING EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was offering you exactly what you asked for: reasons that "pro-life" people might kick their daughters out of the house. You asked. I answered. Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean you need to attack me for giving them or start ascribing them to me when I've never suggested I agreed with them.

I also see through your little association game. You're trying to link pro-life people to people who are heartless and uncaring. And by your own estimation (which I'd like to see some evidence of) this group of supposedly "pro-life" people is as small as 1,000 families? In a nation of 300 mil?!
Two can play at that game. I'd hypothsize that it is the pro-abortion side that is the uncaring, heartless side for executing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of perfectly viable human beings for the sole reason of being an inconvenience to the mother. And I assure you, the number who favor this infanticide number greater than 1,000.

Dead
03-18-2005, 04:16 AM
No, in reality, it's much larger than 1000. I just gave a conservative estimate. I'd estimate it at closer to 100,000 per year. And those are just the ACTUAL cases.

My guess would be that 10% of pro-life families would throw their pregnant daughters out on the street. It all goes back to the strong link between religion and opposition to abortion. Religion permeates other aspects of their lives as well.

jaxmike
03-18-2005, 11:28 AM
actually, its the opposite of hypocritical.

jaxmike
03-18-2005, 11:30 AM
He's just a troll.

He wants to make the people who don't kill babies look worse than the ones that do kill babies. It's not working. You are evil.

jstnrgrs
03-18-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The point of this was not to discuss frequency,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think frequency is crucial to this discussion. If frequency was not an issue, then, for the purpose of this discussion, it wouldn't matter if it never happened (and I think it probably happens less frequently than you might think). So I can mow say something like:

"All those pro-abortionists who are in favor of cannibalism are disugsting people who shouldn't be allowed to live."

As to the origional point, I think anyone who treats a pregnant daughter in a manner other than what they believe to best for the daughter, her baby, or other members of the household, is not a very good person.