PDA

View Full Version : Accidental stop-and-go w/ QJs. Correct?

cmwck
03-18-2005, 02:28 AM
This is one of the few times that 'logically' working out what to do next results in a stop and go on my part.

My IMAP server is down, so here is a summary of the hand.

Poker Stars .50/1.00

Only reads are that its your typical slightly loose Stars table (3-5 to a flop).

Hero is somewhere in late middle position with QJ of clubs.

Pre-flop: 4 folds, Hero raises, one fold, Villian calls, everyone else folds.

Flop: [Js 7c Ad]

Hero bets, Villian raises, Hero calls

(At this point I'm getting 8:1 on a call. I figure I'm behind so I'll call and see if the turn brings a Q, J, or a club.)

Turn: [As]

Hero .... bets?

(I reason that now that a second ace is out, it is likely villian was raising with a straight draw, trying to steal the pot heads up, or otherwise being over-aggressive. My plan was to bet out and fold to a raise.)

Any alternate ways to play it anyone can think of?

Thanks,
-C.

bottomset
03-18-2005, 03:03 AM
is Villian the type that plays very agressive HU, or raises a lot of draws on the flop HU

or are you just playing wishful thinking, and hope he's raising a straightdraw ... hello its only a gutshot, and there isn't any flushdraw on the flop?? doesn't seem likely, or that he's raising a worse J or TT .. so unless he's been out of line in HU or 3handed you can safely fold the turn getting only 5.5/1 on your weak draw

einbert
03-18-2005, 06:11 AM
On this rainbow very unlikely straight draw board i would check call the turn and bet/call the river (or alternatively bet/fold the river if he's the type that only raises the river with hands that beat you). I don't think betting the turn accomplishes much. What hands are you worried about giving a free card? I see this as a way ahead/way behind situation and I really am concerned about getting to showdown atm.

If villian is on a bluff I want him to keep bluffing. If he's got an ace you're getting raised here and it sucks ass if there is a chance he's bluff-raising.