PDA

View Full Version : Two free books promotion

GrandmaStabone
03-18-2005, 12:12 AM
I bought a copy of TILT magazine (yes, I am a tool). Anyways, I came across a promotion for a 25% sign up bonus with Pacific WITH TWO FREE BOOKS from the following site:
web page (http://www.thepokerbookstore.com/page/page/774493.htm)

What books should I get from here? I have TOP, HPFAP, SSHE, SS1, SS2, and Caro's book of tells. Anyone have experience with any of these books and recommend's them? I think I am going to get Harrongton on Hold'em, but my other option is open.....

Escape
03-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Is this offer valid for everyone? I haven't signed up at pacific and it woould be really nice to get two free books /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dealer_toe
03-18-2005, 02:53 AM
SSH, and TOP, but I thought everyone here has read those!

theRealMacoy
03-18-2005, 06:19 AM
yo grandmasta

i have Roy West's book on 7 card stud and would definately recommend it. the writing is totally blue-collar but it makes for an enjoyable read and the information is actually pretty good. especially good for low limit games.

next up i would recommend 7card stud for AP. it is really for the higher limit games but of course the analysis is the bomb.

Improve your poker is also a great book by Bob Ciaffone. It makes for an easy read and covers a lot of different aspects of the game. It is structured as a series of articles. Definately worth reading.

Finally, whatever you do don't buy 'The biggest game in town'. I did and it was dissapointing. It is a boring book that may have had a place as an eye-opening look at the mysterious world of pokerbe, but today it is a historical peice at best.

Hope this helps get you a suitable book.

Cheers,
the Real Macoy

ps. are these in e-book format? personally i have trouble reading a whole book on my computer screen.