PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Party 15/30 Math Question....

CallMeIshmael
03-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey all,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but...

Also, I don't play higher than 5/10 online, so I could have something wrong here.

In Party's 15/30 game (or similarily structured games) there is a small blind of $10 and big blind of $15.

Thus, the cost per round is $25. This means the cost of blinds per hand = $2.5 (assuming a 10 handed table).

BUT, if you post in the cutoff, you see 7 hands, for the cost of one BB. $15/7 = $2.14.

This can also be done in regular 1/2 sb structures, but it is VERY close. I would assume that the fact you never play as the button makes up for this difference.

But, the difference between playing regularily and only posting in the CO and then never posting another blind seems to big for one hand of nut position to overcome.

Any thoughts on this?

mostsmooth
03-18-2005, 10:36 AM
if you skip your blinds, you have to pay both the bb and sb. the bb is live, the sb is dead

BeerMoney
03-18-2005, 10:43 AM
But, you wouldn't have to post the dead money if you're just joining the table.

YoureToast
03-18-2005, 10:51 AM
This has been discussed and I believe the consensus is that it is +EV to post in the cutoff, for the reason you described and because you have better position. The slight loss of waiting a few extra hands is outweighed by these considerations. By the way, the was great news to me because more often than not I join a table where the BB formerly was so my wait is 1 or 2 hands at the most.

mostsmooth
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But, you wouldn't have to post the dead money if you're just joining the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
of course, i think we all know that
i assumed the guy was talking about being at a table and constantly skipping his blinds

LondonBroil
03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed and I believe the consensus is that it is +EV to post in the cutoff, for the reason you described and because you have better position. The slight loss of waiting a few extra hands is outweighed by these considerations. By the way, the was great news to me because more often than not I join a table where the BB formerly was so my wait is 1 or 2 hands at the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn the general consesus was that your giving up too much from losing the button to overcome the $$ saved from not paying the SB.