PDA

View Full Version : Helpless people on subway train scream bugeyed as he looks in on them

bobbyi
03-18-2005, 12:01 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8d Td (straight, jack high).
Button has Js Ad (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.16 BB. </font>

Alobar
03-18-2005, 03:19 AM
bitchin post title /images/graemlins/smile.gif

what exactly is ure question here?

pre flop: duh

I c/r this flop, I think it accomplishes alot more than betting out does, tho sometimes I bet out flops when i have an OESD or a flush draw, just so I can 3 bet them, but with this board I dont think thats the best idea. So either check/call or checkraise.

Turn: duh

river: duh

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sthief09
03-18-2005, 03:22 AM
I don't like weak leading. it never gets people to fold

Trix
03-18-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like weak leading. it never gets people to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, but since you did it, why not raise the turn, thats where you will get popped pretty often..

TStoneMBD
03-18-2005, 06:00 AM
i dont like the weak lead. i much prefer checkraising these types of hand. i think psychologically, players are prone to folding ace high more often to checkraises than leads, simply because they dont want to appear weak. nice cr on the turn btw.

i think the most interesting part of this hand is the river lead. do you think this is better than checkraising?

Michael Davis
03-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Checkraising might be an option, but the ace on the river really shuts that down, because the button might reasonably think that you have some sort of hand that fears the river ace, even something like two pair, and will not be prone to bet his medium-strength hands. He also will frequently raise when the ace improves his hand, so why checkraise? We already know he's got something by the fact that he bet and then called the turn.

Also, FWIW, I don't like checkraising the turn after betting out because you may get popped on the turn and can threebet there. Interestingly, I would be more likely to go for a checkraise if I had checkraised the flop, because there I think you are less likely to have a turn bet raised and also you are more likely to catch the button with something worth betting but not raising.

-Michael