PDA

View Full Version : What's with this chain of limping on every hand?

hate
03-18-2005, 12:00 AM
This is sort of a general observation due mostly to limping EP with QJs, JTs, T9s, occasionally 98s, and low pp, but do you notice how limping EP will make players more liberal with their limps as well? I play 2/4, so this might not be the case at 3/6 or 5/10. I think this is why I eventually realized limping low pp EP isn't at all a bad thing. In other news, at about 3AM EST, the 2/4 game is about the softest in the world.

mr pink
03-18-2005, 12:05 AM
yeah i've noticed this trend. i see it also when there's an EP raise and the person on the direct left coldcalls. it seems the rest of the table loosens up a bit on their own coldcalling standards as well. but whereas if the first player to act after the raise just mucks, the rest of the table follows along and just dumps their hands.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-18-2005, 12:09 AM
many players unknowingly "understand" implied odds when they see chips in the middle.

Entity
03-18-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
many players unknowingly "understand" implied odds when they see chips in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice avatar homie.

Emmitt2222
03-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Is that for real or is it photoshopped and if it is real does that mean that Evan can never raise the river? [sorry to Evan, don't even know the guy] /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

crunchy1
03-18-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In other news, at about 3AM EST, the 2/4 game is about the softest in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Time, Any Day of the week the Party 2/4 game is the softest in the world!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

SA125
03-18-2005, 02:16 AM
The only hands I felt comfortable limping early with were the small PP's. At this point, I think unless you're at a loose table, limping 22-66 are losing plays from EP. You just don't hit enough big pots in tighter games to make up for all the lost bets that get raised on you and have to be folded.

hate
03-18-2005, 02:52 AM
All 2/4 tables I play at are considered loose in my book. when I consistently see 4-5 to the flop unless I have the occasional maniac immediately to my left, I limp these most times. I used to be tight with my low pocket pairs, but they find more significant uses than just setting. And if you're not limping with at the very least QJs and JTs, you're losing money. I really didn't mean to turn this into a preflop play discussion, because that's righteously boring, just to point out the curiosity.