PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Picks

10-04-2002, 03:00 PM
ok everyone time for the week 5 licks 12-4 ytd in the pros
This week im going to play a few games that no one seems to want to touch.

Tampa Bay -1.5 vs Atlanta. I think tampa bay has come out of the gate and looked impressive so far. There defense has played nicely and there offense has been putting some points on the board. Vick is a special qb but it's not quite his time to shin yet, he will have little flickers of greatness all season, ala Mcnabb's first few seasons, but hes still in a learning process. So i like Tampa here

Stl +7 vs Sanfransisco. Boy wasn't this a game many circled pre season, now it's a battle of over hyped dogs, and im not just talking about the rams. The 49ers have been very unimpressive so far this year, beating only the giants(barely) and then beating the pathetic redskins. All the while they have not been able to put up points. I know the Rams are bad but i think they cover this number. BTW don't mistake this for me thinking the rams are still a powerhouse.

Goodluck everyone, The locks of the week are soon to come

Dave G

TAFKAn
10-04-2002, 06:54 PM
I think you should be careful of the Tampa/Atlanta game. Tampa's offense has only had one good day vs. Cincinnati. Atlanta's defense has played fairly well. In both the Baltimore and the St. Louis game, Tampa got 14 pts from defense/special teams.

I also think Atlanta is a 3-0 team for all practical purposes. How different this line would be but for a couple dropped touchdowns at Lambeau that were gimmes and one missed field goal vs. Chicago.

Yes, I know, "what'ifs" mean jack squat in the NFL but the point is this team is literally a hair's breadth from 3-0. Going into their house and giving up points is not something I like doing with a team like Tampa. If the score gets away from them at all, they are in BIG trouble because they are not a comeback team. And I think Tampa might be a little over-confident considering how borderline they really are. A lot of Tampa's strengths on defense may be nullified by the fastest scrambling QB in the league.

Just some things to consider about that game. Good luck whatever you do.

scalf
10-04-2002, 07:29 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif tampa bay 1-6 last 7 games on turf...i like atlanta big..gl