PDA

View Full Version : Beyond four tables...HELP!!!

Degen
03-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Greetings,

I've had a lot of success at the 33's 4-tabling, not so much at higher levels but I think that's ok if I can add more tables and retain some semblance of my current ROI. Though this is my problem. I've taken several stabs at 5/6/7 and 8 tables with DISASTEROUS results!!

Today for instance i busted out of all eight tables on my first time trying eight! I don't expect to win all eight of them but not even one third??? A few days ago I tried six and the same thing happened. Earlier today I played 7 (meant to do 8 but i had one open without having a seat...weird, i guess i thought i was in it and just didn't notice /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) and i busted out of five straight before miraculously winning the last two and showing a small profit for the set.

I don't feel especially flustered or anything, i've even been quite bored (as usual) in the beginning stages and started checking email, reading 2+2 etc. (and don't harp on this, i barely pay attention to my normal 4 table sets until its 6 players or blinds are at 50/100 either)

The only thing I can think of is having an issue using two computers and having to switch mice/keyboards/monitors constantly.

Any thoughts or suggestions on making the transition? Also any hardware, software or other technological tips/tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Degen

Benholio
03-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Go back through and review your hand histories ( Replayer (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/replayer.html) is nice for this) and see if you are making the same decisions you would while playing fewer tables.

If your decisions are fine, chalk it up to variance and keep trying. Perhaps increasing the number of tables slower is an option, too.

raptor517
03-17-2005, 11:57 PM
dear god son get a vid card that supports 2 monitors. that will help tremendously as u will be able to stay focused. holla

Degen
03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
how can i use two accounts then? i can't use skins, every time i try an signup for empire it tells me that it detects (don't ask me how) that i am a member of one of their affiliates

is it possible to open to PP accounts one one comp w/ two monitors???

thanks

Degen

neotope
03-18-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I can think of is having an issue using two computers and having to switch mice/keyboards/monitors constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely think that would be very -EV.

Unless you are ambidextrous then it is +EV.

Wu36
03-18-2005, 12:18 AM

Voltron87
03-18-2005, 12:22 AM
IMO I think after 4 tables in SNGs you reach the point of diminishing returns, since SNGs require a lot of info to make decisions. Blind size, opponent stack size, bubble situation. Limit games are more standard. Stacks/levels don't matter.

Degen
03-18-2005, 12:29 AM
ok great concept...but i can't get it to work, and there are no instructions on any kind on that page...

i downloaded it...now what?

when i copy/paste the HH's nothing happens

Degen

Wu36
03-18-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok great concept...but i can't get it to work, and there are no instructions on any kind on that page...

i downloaded it...now what?

when i copy/paste the HH's nothing happens

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're trying to run it in mozilla or netscape it won't work. If you're using IE and its still not working there should be something like an error bar near the top of the screen, click it and hit allow blocked content. If that doesn't work, tell me.

Degen
03-18-2005, 12:32 AM
ahh

mozilla...thx

i'll open IE (i hate that i'm doing this! hehe)

Degen

Mr_J
03-18-2005, 12:53 AM
"since SNGs require a lot of info to make decisions."

It becomes automatic though. When I'm playing I'm on autopilot. Most decisions are made pretty much as soon as I see the table.

Mr_J
03-18-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm not sayin more tables don't hurt ROI, but I don't think it's significant (when talking about >4 tables compared to 4)

ZebraAss
03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Wait, wait...What???

How do you do 4+ with one computer
(two monitors)

EDIT: NEVER MIND. Found a great thread in the Internet Gambling forum. Sorry.