PDA

View Full Version : 6-Handed SNGs vs 9-Handed SNGs

Mad Genius1
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
For the past 6 months I have played 9-max SNGs on PokerStars. Recently I haven't played much but until a month or two ago I was playing a mix of $55s and $109s. I had fairly good results but found that I really didn't like the early portion of the sngs since you mostly have to stay very tight and don't get to see as many flops. I realized that by the time it's down to 6, the blinds are already 25/50 or 50/100 which doesn't allow for a whole lot of postflop play, which is what I am looking for. This lead me to try the $35+3 6-handed SNGs a couple of days ago. So far I've played a dozen of them and they don't look that tough.

Now that I've rambled on, my question is, what kind of ROI can I expect in the $35+3 as opposed to the $50+5, assuming that the level of play is slightly worse in the $35? I do think that I have a slightly bigger edge in the 6-handed SNGs but that remains to be seen. Assume that my ROI in the $55 and $109 is a little over 25%.

Thanks

Mad Genius1
03-19-2005, 03:20 PM
BUMP. Still looking for some opinions.

ChrisCo
03-19-2005, 04:14 PM
If you have a roi over 25% at the 109's it is gonna be impossible to have a higher hourly rate playing 35+3 6 max tables. If you can really beat these games for that high of a rate there is no need to go looking for a lower stake game because you are making way too much at this level to make it up in another lower stake game.

How many tournaments do you have at each level?