PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know of a service that prints photos onto canvas?

TStoneMBD
03-17-2005, 06:42 PM
id like to print jpegs onto canvases. i have jpegs with ridiculous resolution, like 4800x3600, etc. are there any large chain stores that can do this? i want the canvases to be at least 36"x24".

PoBoy321
03-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Chances are that a large chain store wouldn't be able to do this kind of work. You'll probably need to find a smaller, independent store that has this capability. Large chain stores mostly focus on doing standard photo printing in bulk.

Gallopin Gael
03-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Big Digital Prints (http://www.bigdigitalprints.com/)

Another Place (http://www.pc35photolab.com/)

Hope those help and let me know where you end up sending them and how the quality is.

Popinjay
03-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Printing digital oil paintings?

TStoneMBD
03-17-2005, 08:25 PM
yah id like to. i see these idiots printing digital photos onto canvases and selling them on ebay for over a hundred a pop. its absurd. the companies that gallopin linked to are too pricy though. hopefully ill be able to find a fair deal. it shouldnt cost $100 for someone to print out a photo onto a canvas that i provide for them. i think they overcharge because its a specialty item and because they "think" that its worth that price. i should be able to get prints done for $10 a piece, and would buy like 30 of them. id like to keep a bunch for myself, and i would sell the rest off on ebay. maybe that would be quite a lucrative business. i just need to find a damn company that wont overcharge me.

Gallopin Gael
03-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Those were just the links I had book marked when I started looking at doing this a few months back. I haven't had a chance to do a more recent search. But, the price was why I never actually sent any of my stuff in to get it printed. Although I'd love to have some of it on canvas.

Let me know if you find a quality place for a good price.

SuitedSixes
03-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Kinko's

I think they are only AZ, NV (maybe CA).

codewarrior
03-18-2005, 03:34 PM
That resolution will get you a very nice 8x10 print.

jakethebake
03-18-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kinko's

I think they are only AZ, NV (maybe CA).

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinkos are everywhere. /images/graemlins/confused.gif