PDA

View Full Version : NBA

tbach24
03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't understand why people hate on the NBA so much. IMO, it's the second best run league of any sport. Someone care to explain?

Shajen
03-17-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people hate on the NBA so much. IMO, it's the second best run league of any sport. Someone care to explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the NBA because they take the players before the players either start college or finish college ball.

It irritates me when I think how good my Blue Devils could be if Deng, etc, stayed in school.

College ball PWNS the NBA.

tbach24
03-17-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It irritates me when I think how good my Blue Devils could be if Deng, etc, stayed in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but so would all the other teams. Whoever got LeBron would win the NCAA championships for 4 straight seasons.

radek2166
03-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Can you say thugs. I also dont understand how one could like a game thats not really that physical. I find it boreing.

Granted it is a well run league. That does not make it a good sport, if that was what made a game good noone would watch baseball.

DemonDeac
03-17-2005, 06:02 PM
cuz its boring
rarely that many close games like college basketball

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-17-2005, 06:02 PM
It's a well-run league, but not a very good sport and the players have an image problem.

istewart
03-17-2005, 06:03 PM
I have always liked the NBA more than college basketball, but a single-elimination tournament will always edge out lengthy playoffs in terms of excitement and watchability.

That said, NBA has just gotten boring over the last few years, and so many people that watch NBA games are fair-weather fans (this is where football and baseball completely pwn the NBA, IMHO). The attitudes of players don't help much, either.

I'd like to add that having the Nets in the finals two years in a row, and having the Spurs (the most BORING TEAM possible) constantly in finals contention, has not helped.

EDIT: One more thing. The excessively large disparity between the East and West teams during the Spurs/Lakers championships really hurt things.

tbach24
03-17-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That does not make it a good sport, if that was what made a game good noone would watch baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but aren't the MLB's ratings insanely low?

istewart
03-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Not MLB playoffs of late. Even that horrible World Series 5 months ago drew very well, I believe.

radek2166
03-17-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I think baseball is also boreing.

istewart
03-17-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I think baseball is also boreing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.

istewart
03-17-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Granted it is a well run league. That does not make it a good sport, if that was what made a game good noone would watch baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does help, though. Football is a good example.

Phoenix1010
03-17-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you say thugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a statement or a punctuation error? And what do you mean either way?

radek2166
03-17-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Football has a win now pay me later attitude. Look at the 49ers .

istewart
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Football has a win now pay me later attitude. Look at the 49ers .

[/ QUOTE ]

Also because it's far and away the best sport to watch on TV.

radek2166
03-17-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you say thugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a statement or a punctuation error? And what do you mean either way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many Idiots. Allen Iverson? Idiot.

The NBA has a big image problem. Guys going through metal detectors with tin foil.

Guys choking their coach. I think Sprewell should have been run out of the NBA. Yes also think Alomar should have been run out of MLB.

Also when you get idiots makeing millions of dollars a year saying. "I did not play hard cause I dont want to be here. I want traded"

It just gives me more reason not to watch it.

radek2166
03-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Football is very enjoyable. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
It's filled with spoiled, selfish brats who, though probably no more full of themselves than other professional athletes, miss no opportunity to let us know about it.

WEASEL45
03-17-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too many Idiots. Allen Iverson? Idiot.

The NBA has a big image problem. Guys going through metal detectors with tin foil.

[/ QUOTE ]
So does the NFL. Ray Caruth or jamal lewis dont have the best images. But i guess killing somebody is better than taking weed through the airport. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

J.R.
03-17-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cuz its boring
rarely that many close games like college basketball

[/ QUOTE ]

is this your observation or do you purport to have information backing this up?

Dynasty
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Some of us are comparing today's NBA to the NBA of 1980 to about 1995. Today's NBA isn't as much fun.

Tron
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I think things will get very intersting when LeBron reaches his true "Next Michael Jordan" potential and starts making runs at championships three years in a row... or more.