PDA

View Full Version : argh, what's happening?! need moral boost!

marken
03-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I need some moral boost! I've lost 170 BB now in 2 weeks. 125 of thoose in the last 2 days.
You might have seen some of my posts here the last day, and i don't get a too bad response on my play. But i'm beggining to doubt my play anyway.

Often i find myself either in BB/SB with A-rag and floping top par, then i bet all they way with various numbers of callers and are beat often by someone with a better kicker.

Another senario is that i have A-highcard and flop toppair with good kicker. Then on flop i bet and get raised. i reraise and get call. i bet on turn and are called. bet on river and are raised. i call and they show me a flopped set or 2-pair.

What the hell is wrong!

Do you think i need to reread SSH?

DMBFan23
03-17-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think i need to reread SSH?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I do.

SuitedDucks
03-17-2005, 06:21 PM
i believe its called variance.

just relax. if the losing is gettin to you, take a break. post hands and read SSH.

marken
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i believe its called variance.

just relax. if the losing is gettin to you, take a break. post hands and read SSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

i sure hope so! i feel so bad loosing this much. and especially when it happends in a short time.

variance. that word hurts!

wrto4556
03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
That's a big swing. 100BB is bad enough. I'de say to drop down limits and reread SSHE. Personally, I don't think you could ever read it enough. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

djoyce003
03-17-2005, 06:40 PM
If i'm in the sb and flop an ace with no kicker, I typically check. You know someone else limped in with an ace...you've gotta decide what the chances are that they have you outkicked etc....i typically play that pretty passively. the other stuff just happens man.

SeaEagle
03-17-2005, 06:50 PM
170BB is a lot. It could be completely variance but it's probably more than just that. Personally, when I get in losing streaks I find that I start to get "snake bit" and change my play and, well, it's just a vicious cycle.

If you use PT, I would suggest taking a look at a bunch of hands you lost to see if there's any pattern. PT is also a great tool for looking at summaries and seeing if your play has changed over time. Compare your stats from a time you were doing well and see if they're markedly different.

And if 170BB doesnt' kill your bankroll, and your stats are all looking good, and you're not feeling snakebit, then it just might be variance and you'll be writing in a couple of weeks "I'm up 1700BB in the last 2 weeks. Why am I playing so great?"

marken
03-17-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a big swing. 100BB is bad enough. I'de say to drop down limits and reread SSHE. Personally, I don't think you could ever read it enough. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

drop down a level you say.... i switched to crypto to clear a bonus at a lower level. Maybe you are right. i need to reread SSHE. DO IT, DO IT! (starksy and hutch).

Maybe a shouldn't play tournaments at the same time as cash tables. maybe i take the agression needed in the tournaments to the cash table. It's all that doyle-guy's fault! he and his agressive all ins! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

No, but seriously, anyone else having problems playing tournaments at the same time as cashtables?

marken
03-17-2005, 07:08 PM
yeah. it's that bad circle i'm afraid of.

good advice to compare stats from the period i played good. I'll get on it tommorrow!