PDA

View Full Version : Which site has the best sit 'n go's?

Generator
03-17-2005, 05:09 PM
I was playing sit 'n go's for a while at Poker Room, where I was relatively successful. I recently moved over to Party and I'm barely breaking even playing the $10 sit 'n go. The blinds seem very fast - one bad move early and you're short stacked. No bad moves early and you're still short stacked once the blinds hit 50/100. It just seems like there isn't time to wait for decent cards.

Which site has the easiest games/best blinds structure?

codewarrior
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
try here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/search.php?Cat=)

neotope
03-17-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing sit 'n go's for a while at Poker Room, where I was relatively successful. I recently moved over to Party and I'm barely breaking even playing the $10 sit 'n go. The blinds seem very fast - one bad move early and you're short stacked. No bad moves early and you're still short stacked once the blinds hit 50/100. It just seems like there isn't time to wait for decent cards.

Which site has the easiest games/best blinds structure?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might just need to adjust your game to better suit the Party SNGs.

Generator
03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
What strategy works best? I've been folding most non-premium hands during the first few rounds - raising preflop with 10-10+ and A-K.

Hickboy
03-17-2005, 06:38 PM
I used to play the partypoker sit and gos, but I began to dislike the excessively fast structure. Even at the $50+ levels, the 1000 chips is not enough to start with, and the blinds go up too fast for the level of play.

I've recently switched over to the Pokerstars sit and gos. The blinds go up every 10 minutes (5 for the turbos, which is still better than party's). You start with 1500 chips, and the blind increases are very gradual in the beginning, so there's plenty of room for making moves.

utmt40
03-17-2005, 06:53 PM
I agree with Hickboy, Poker Stars is the best and I think they have a 20% deposit bonus going on right now. I think you will like it a lot better there. I also moved from Party because the players there love to suckout on you and I have found better players over at Stars too.

DireWolf
03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
So you like pokerstars because the players are better?

neotope
03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What strategy works best? I've been folding most non-premium hands during the first few rounds - raising preflop with 10-10+ and A-K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you consider a premium hand but perhaps you are playing too tight. Tight play will help you not bleed away chips but if you don't catch a real premium hand you also won't win any pots.

Mad Genius1
03-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I think what he's saying is more along the lines of the fact that PokerStars players tend to be more predictable and weak-tight, whereas Party players are wild which leads to a higher variance.

ChrisCo
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Party hands down if you can adjust to the structure.

Higher hourly rate > More starting chips