PDA

View Full Version : maybe i've been reading too many peter_rus posts...

imported_stealthcow
03-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

so i hated that preflop raise but i think calling is right.

on teh flop i would've folded if the late position player had raised.

on teh turn i would've folded to a raise

and on the river i would've called a bet

stealthcow-

JoshuaD
03-17-2005, 05:09 PM
I like your line. I'm betting the river here, but I'm not convinced I'm right.

wrto4556
03-17-2005, 06:01 PM
It looks good.

I don't think betting the river will accomplish much. The pots big enough to call with marginal hands, but there isn't a whole lot that you are ahead of that will call you.
/shrug

scrub
03-17-2005, 06:10 PM
I think betting out on the flop is better for a bunch of reasons.

Folding preflop would be bad--easy call of the BB's raise.

I like betting the river a whole lot more. You will get called by A high, but AQ/KQ/wussy overpair will probably bet if checked to.

scrub

imported_stealthcow
03-17-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like? i felt if i bet out, everyone would call and any overcard greater then 9 a pain to bet into.

stealthcow-

Chairman Wood
03-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Preflop: cool
Flop: I bet into the PFR. c/r does nothing other than trap people and with a pair of 6's you don't want that.
Turn: cool
River: I bet, usually player dependent though.

scrub
03-18-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like? i felt if i bet out, everyone would call and any overcard greater then 9 a pain to bet into.

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

If you checkraise you're in the same boat on the turn and you've missed out on the chance to have A high raise you and blow of LP and/or get to shut down if LP coldcalls or reraises.

scrub