PDA

View Full Version : Pokerchips.com day glow colors

tantan
03-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Has anyone used a day glow color as the body/main color for their pokerchips.com chips?

I wanted to use day glow yellow as the body but pokerchips.com suggested otherwise, the reason being that the day glow colors are more fragile than the regular colors and more likely to break.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

faith
03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
if a company is saying their own product is fragile, is there any reason to doubt them? Being fragile is not exactly a selling point, although their honesty about it definately is worth noting. Hats off to the rep you spoke with.

I suspect they know their chips better than even those of us that have put the extras through hell and back again.

-faith

maryfield48
03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I commend you on the restraint displayed in your patient answer to this post.

tantan
03-18-2005, 07:10 PM
I was/am glad that they informed me of this. I was wondering of others were given this warning as well. I recently noticed that people have placed orders with day glo colors as the main body color.

I'm not going to go for it, as tempted as I am.

ram1962
03-18-2005, 11:33 PM
I was told the same thing when I inquired about changing my $1000 chip color from yellow to Dayglow Yellow. They said the Dayglow material was more brittle and also harder to keep clean. They also said that if I received chipped or dirty chips when my order was delivered, they would not remake them if I wasn't satisfied. I'm having a sample of the dayglow yellow chip sent to me before I make a decision, but I have a feeling that my order will stay as it is. Actually the mustard yellow color is starting to grow on me now.

tantan
03-19-2005, 10:13 AM
That's exactly what I wanted to do, change my order color from yellow to day glo yellow. I was also thinking of using day glo orange similar to one of their examples on the pokerchips.com site.

faith
03-19-2005, 11:25 AM
lol... thanks
just noticed your loc:"the real sin city"

sure vegas is called "sin city" but living in Bangkok, I'm thinkin' Vegas is nowhere near sinful enough to hold the "the real sin city" title...

-faith

maryfield48
03-19-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinkin' Vegas is nowhere near sinful enough to hold the "the real sin city"

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. Vegas may be Sin City, but the real sin city is Kingston, Jamaica.

grandgnu
03-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Curses! *shakes fist in the air* I was considering Day Glow for some of my main body chip colors as well. Does anyone have any experience with the Day Glow, how "fragile" are they, and how dirty do they get? Here's what I was considering:

$25 Chip: Day Glow Green with Black Edge Spots

$100 Chip: Black with Day Glow Yellow Edge Spots

$500 Chip: Purple with Day Glow Orange Edge Spots

$1000 Chip: Day Glow Yellow with Mandarin Red Edge Spots

nutn2lewz
03-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Dayglo colors do not contain brass flakes. This will make the chip lighter and less 'reinforced'.

grandgnu
03-20-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dayglo colors do not contain brass flakes. This will make the chip lighter and less 'reinforced'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm this. I received my sample set of chips, and the ones with day glo edge spots don't show any flakes while the normal colors all do, whether they're the body or edge spot of the chip.

Very interesting, kinda sucks though, ruins my plans, but I'll figure it all out.