PDA

View Full Version : I hate CBS

MicroBob
03-17-2005, 03:18 PM
"Hi...This is Greg Gumbel and I'm going to speak as though I couldn't be more bored with all the action going on. We're just coming out of a commercial break and now we're going to send you to Indianapolis where Eastern Kentucky is making a run. Of course, we can see that this game is about to go to a commercial break which you just came out of...but we're going to send you there anyway so that you essentially get 7 straight minutes of commercials."

Seriously, their coverage, while improved, is still pretty lousy.

At least they now have a complete bar across the top of the screen with all the active game scores. Before with the single-box you would have to wait forever just to see a final or whatever game in progress you had interest in.

Just wait until Billy freaking Packer comes on tomorrow.
He's just awful.

I was really hoping ABC/ESPN would get the NCAA tourney at some point....but the contract with CBS runs through about 2074 I think.
I know that having Dick Vitale doing the championship game would be a nightmare for many....but ESPN just does such a better job of overall coverage, analysis, EVERYTHING.
Then you get to CBS and their coverage is inferior...and then get to the studio where Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellogg forgot to take their morning coffee.

Shajen
03-17-2005, 03:20 PM
and tonight on CSI, Grissom and crew find a dead body.