PDA

View Full Version : AJo vs.LP-P value bet gone bad, was I good?

Sasnak
03-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Spent 10 minutes hopping tables on the waiting list until I found a seat next to the villain. Villain LP-P 34/1/.40 over 150 hands played. Tell me if I was correct here with my lines.

Confession: I got pissed at work so came home to watch NCAA and work on my 1/2 game.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">I wanted to isolate the villain as best I could, plus the raise is good here anyway, right? </font>

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

<font color="blue">If I was bet into I would have raised it, but possibly getting a free card seemed good too with a gut shot and BDFD. Good? Bad?</font>

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">I'm thinking LP is playing a classic weak Ace and want to clean up outs behind me and get HU with villain. Correct move? </font>

River: (8.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

DrunkHamster
03-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I would personally raise the flop: there is a decent chance you could end it right there. If raised, start rethinking.

DMBFan23
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
hi,

I think you should bet the flop. others may disagree, but with the A /images/graemlins/club.gif you have a great redraw against anyone with two small clubs. in addition, against anyone that paired the board you have up to 3 ace outs and maybe some Jack outs, though the Jacks are probably only worth .5-1 outs total. in addition, you have a K outs to the nuts. if you can get the button to fold, that IMO makes the bet worth it, in addition to the value/protection you get.

I like your turn and river plays.

AngelicPenguin
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
I think I bet this flop. I think there is a decent chance I have the best hand and I have a lot of ways to improve if I don't. I'd like to remove a player or two with the pot shaping up large. But with those two weak draws I don't think taking a card off is terrible either.

btspider
03-17-2005, 03:03 PM
i bet flop.

vulturesrow
03-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Preflop: Good raise, for both isolation and value.
Flop: Taking the free turn on the flop is fine I think.
Turn: Perfect. Your reasoning is a bit convoluted. TPTK with no real aggression, good raise. Its that simple.
River: Nice value bet.

Good hand all around.

vulturesrow
03-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Hmm looks like I am in the minority here as far as flop play goes. One thing I did ignore here that should influence to be this flop is the pot size. I think I may have missed some outs too.

Sasnak
03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

River betting is the right move against this villain? Cause he rolled an AQo. No PFR and no real aggression throughout the whole hand really threw me. I read him to be calling down with Ax all the way.

I want to know if I'm making the right reads for my actions and so getting beat doesn't reinforce a negative. Would you have made the river bet?

jba
03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
don't think about the results. If I know villain like I think I do this is his exact line with any ace and probably any queen, so you're getting great value on this river bet.

What I want to know is how the hell he thinks he's going to ever win at this game (villain I mean), but then that's my business.

Better get used to your TPGK losing to two pair against this guy, it's just going to happen sometimes. You can't expect to get a read on his cards when he plays this way, just a likely range (and boy is it wide).

edit: this was about your river bet, I agree with others to bet this flop

SCfuji
03-17-2005, 03:33 PM
you played this hand fine.