PDA

View Full Version : better way to play this, especially the river.

SuitedDucks
03-17-2005, 02:46 PM
table is loose and generally does not play well afte the flop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (7.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

crunchy1
03-17-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
better way to play this, especially the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river: No - that river sucks donkey balls

On the flop: Yes - RAISE!!

ZZZ
03-17-2005, 02:54 PM
At first glance I thought you were toast, but after staring at this awhile, I think UTG has AA quite a bit more often than a K (with a K, he'd often only go 3 bets on the turn, and he would almost certainly bet the river). Bet the river fold to a raise.

Flop and turn look fine.

ZZZ

27offsooot
03-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I think that not betting the river is a mistake.

Fat Nicky
03-17-2005, 03:29 PM
close one on the river. after capping the turn, UTG checks the river, this pretty much tells me that he doesn't have a K. He raised pre-flop UTG, so I don't think a 7 is very likely. AA seems most likely given the river check here. So, i think i'd lean toward betting the river here...

Jeffage
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
River is an easy bet. He raised UTG so it's not likely he has a 7 (and if he did somehow, he would just call and not raise the end). If he checkraised the turn with AK, he would bet the river since he'd fear it would get checked through if he checked. That leads me to believe he has AA so I bet it for value.

Jeff

Fat Nicky
03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop: Yes - RAISE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure you want to raise the flop here and possibly stop UTG &amp; UTG+1 to stop betting with their overcards or a medium pocket pair. We flopped a monster, yes we could raise and get re-raised here, that would be the optimal scenario, but I think we could afford to give away free card with minimal risk and hope someone catches a nice 2nd best hand.

SuitedDucks
03-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Does anyone else raise the flop here. My line of thinking was pretty much spelled out by fat nicky. I"ve flopped a monster hand, i'd like to keep some people in the hand.

me454555
03-17-2005, 06:17 PM
I dont know how much I like the pf call. Even if the poster calls your only getting 7.5:2 or a little better than 3:1. I'd toss it here unless the table was routinely calling raises.

Calling the flop is fine here especially since UTG was the pfr and bet the flop. You can make more by raising the turn here and it keeps your hand better disguised.

wrto4556
03-17-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At first glance I thought you were toast, but after staring at this awhile, I think UTG has AA quite a bit more often than a K (with a K, he'd often only go 3 bets on the turn, and he would almost certainly bet the river). Bet the river fold to a raise.

Flop and turn look fine.

ZZZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the river is fine, but there is no way you can fold to a raise. The pot is large enough to make folding the best hand for one bet a *massive* blunder.

I like the rest.

applej25
03-17-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else raise the flop here

[/ QUOTE ]

I do! I've learned that in situations like these, nobody will give you credit anyway so you might as well start raising on the flop. I just jam it non-stop. Then when whoever flopped trips starts raising on the turn you can keep pumping it.

ZZZ
03-18-2005, 07:21 PM
You have a point, but it would take some major balls for UTG to check raise the river without a boat. It really really looks like hero has a K or a 7.

When to pay off turn and river raises is definitely the toughest part of the game for me, so I could easily be off in my assessment that hero will be beat &gt;95% of the time after a river check raise.

Anways, results? I only ask because my read of AA for UTG is very strong here.

ZZZ

SuitedDucks
03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
villain shows AA and MHIG.