PDA

View Full Version : Poll- Unimproved AK part 2

imported_Robert Andersson
03-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Dear freinds,

i need some help here to figure out how to act.
Assume you're in a typical lowlimit limit 2/4$ game.

You are holding A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif in middle position. Utg+1 calls and you raise. The blinds and the limper all call. (8 SB)

The flop comes

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

The blinds both check and the utg+1 bets, you raise.

LImitPlayer
03-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Hand 1) I would cap the flop, By just calling the 3-bet you are just screaming to get bet into on the turn. 9 times outa 10 by capping the flop and representing a big PP you will get checked to on the turn. I would check the turn and check/fold the river unimproved

This saves you a SB.

Hand 2) Call the turn, check/fold the river unimproved.

Hand 3) Bet this, there is no other choice.

axioma
03-17-2005, 03:34 PM
1. call.
2. fold.
3. unanserable without extra info.

not sure we needed another thread on this matter.

03-17-2005, 03:43 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
1. call.
2. fold.
3. unanserable without extra info.

not sure we needed another thread on this matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well about your answer on 3, the situation can appear without you have more info or? And besides that im searching for general answers here.

About the extra poll, i genuinly wants to improve my poker so forgive me brother. There might be more of them.

axioma
03-17-2005, 04:00 PM
well, the extra info could be that we *have* no info, i.e. no reads. it just doesnt make sense without something added.

jb9
03-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Assuming no reads on UTG+1...

1. I call (but I'm not happy about it).
2. Fold.
3. Check.

Brainwalter
03-17-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1) I would cap the flop, By just calling the 3-bet you are just screaming to get bet into on the turn. 9 times outa 10 by capping the flop and representing a big PP you will get checked to on the turn. I would check the turn and check/fold the river unimproved

This saves you a SB

[/ QUOTE ]

This only saves a sb if you're going to call the 3-bet and call a blank on the turn. Otherwise it wastes one most of the time.

Emmitt2222
03-17-2005, 05:36 PM
1. The only reason that calling is even kind of close is just because raising and folding can hurt you later but I am folding this. If I did my math right we are getting about 12-1 on the call but what does a three bet mean on a board like this? trouble. With your 1.5 outs from each hand which very well may not be good you are not quite getting the odds. I don't like to but I fold.

2. Easy fold

3. Umm check, thats why you raised the flop remember? Unless he was completely bluffing he caught a piece and heads up in low limit he is calling this down even with middle pair.

I think for a relatively new member of the forums, these are good polls and questions. Keep up the good work.

03-17-2005, 05:51 PM
ok your right, im seminew to the forum and my english is not the most comprehensive but of course you could have added that info.

/Robert

Arrion
03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
1. Call. Partially for table image, even low limit players notice when someone raises the flop and folds to a 3-bet, and some will take shots at you. Even so, I'd probably still fold if not for the backdoor straight possibility to go with my overcards.

2. Easy fold.

3. The answer to this is highly dependent on your read of the opponent. Given that most low limit players will not fold a pair here, I'd check without a specific read.

LinusKS
03-18-2005, 12:37 AM
1. Call. You're getting 13:1 on a 6.7:1 shot.

2. Fold. I'm counting 7 bbs, so you do have - barely - odds to call, but but the times when he has a set, two pair, or has you reverse-dominated make this a fold for me.

3. Bet. I don't know what he has, but I think you have to bet here. He may have the better hand, but the chance he might fold it + the chance you might draw out + the chance he doesn't have a hand after all make this a good bet to me.

Now if he check-raises, I think you're in a world of hurt here. But that's why I voted the way I did in your last poll.

Edit: good posts by the way. It's amazing how far apart people are on such a common and seemingly simple situation. I kind of like it.

Emmitt2222
03-18-2005, 12:48 AM
I am not against calling necesarily but you do not have a 6.7:1 shot, that is grossly overestimating your outs. 1.5 for each over and maybe .5 for the backdoor gives you 3.5 and that is pretty close to 13:1

LinusKS
03-18-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure how often your outs are good here. I think it's more than half the time, but you're right it's definitely not 100%.

If you thought he had you reverse-dominated 50% of the time, and a set or two pair 10%, I guess you'd discount your outs by one-third, since about one-third of the time you'd hit one of your outs and still lose.