PDA

View Full Version : AKo played right?

DrunkHamster
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Just sat down, no reads. I don't feel I played it right, so what do you guys think?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Nick Royale
03-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Raise preflop.

riffraff
03-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Pre-flop you must re-raise this to try and get the hand heads-up. The SB raising made this a lot easier for you. You will play the rest of the hand with position on him.

When you do this it will also give you control of the betting. This means the SB will likely check to you on the flop, you can bet and take it from there. You can safely bet the flop and turn without any resistance and then decide what to do on the river if the SB is still around.

Playing like this (check-calling) is not winning poker in most situations.

SCfuji
03-17-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (5.50 BB) 2 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

the sb gave you the greenlight to steal this pot from him so take it and you could bust both fish out of the pond with one stone.

ihardlyknowher
03-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Raise the flop. If called on flop and checked to on turn, bet and fold to any aggression. If raised on flop, you are probably pretty much drawing dead and should fold, although you might want to see a card for 1 SB.

BTW, these are just my thoughts, and I am a very unexperienced limit player. So take it with many grains of salt. I am posting this to see others' replies.

tiltaholic
03-17-2005, 02:23 PM
when i have position i will 3-bet AKo preflop.
the hand is different then.