PDA

View Full Version : This play pretty much sucks, right?

Entity
03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Stars $2/4 6m.

Villain opens UTG. I haven't played many pots with him (this is my first orbit), so no real comments.

I 3-bet from the Button with JJ, HU to the flop.

Flop comes T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I don't have the J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He checks, I check -- I'm thinking I should bet. If I have the J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a check better, or am I betting this no matter what?

River is some blank. He checks and I bet.

J.R.
03-17-2005, 02:15 PM
bet the turn w/out the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, check with it

JerseyTom
03-17-2005, 02:25 PM
I bet/fold the turn and it's likely the last $$ I put in unless I improve. Or is that just freaking weak? The only "reasonable" EP raising hands you're ahead of now are KQ and 99. KK/QQ are unlikely given his play.

Maybe he has a medium-to-good Ace and fears his kicker or the flush? (AJo? A9s?)

If he leads a river diamond after you check, what do you do?

I suck at poker....

Tom

MAxx
03-17-2005, 02:27 PM
reasoning:

is this why, or have i left stuff out?

You bet w/out it, b/c you can find a fold if you get raised. Your bet accomplishes protection against lone diamonds and Kings and Queens and lower pairs that have outs.

If you bet with it you are only protecting against non-diamond Kings and Queens and lower pairs with outs. You also save bets against already made A's. Your also don't risk getting raised against hands you are drawing dead to but are obligated to call.

Bluffoon
03-17-2005, 02:45 PM
If I am the villian and I just hit my ace/flush with such a scary card on the turn I am going to bet out because I don't want the turn to get checked through.

So assuming (a stretch maybe) that my opponent is thinking like this I would bet the turn here if it is checked to me.