PDA

View Full Version : TT w/Q overcard LAG plays back

Sasnak
03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Villain has 160 hands 40/12/1.7 and this is my third hand on a new table with no other reads.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls. <font color="blue">(Is this the standard line here as he called my PFR?)</font>

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds. <font color="blue">(In hindsight I should have check/called here, I give too much credit for a Q or better hand, don't I?) </font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

MrWookie47
03-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I think that's a good fold, unless villain is really not right in the head. His aggression numbers are somewhat high, but not over-the-top maniacal. His raise looks a lot like a Q, leaving you drawing to two outs.

DMBFan23
03-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Sasnak,

I love your flop play. the LAG did your job for you and blew the other players out of the pot. however, I would call this down. if you trust your read (and this takes more than PT stats sometimes) then he's raising LOTS of hands that don't have a Q on the flop (any 8, JT, lots of A-high hands, 9T maybe, some 2s...), and he'd 3 bet you preflop with any higher pocket pair. so we can divide his hands into

-Queens
-88/22
-hands you beat

you're getting 8.25-2 to call down, and another .25 will be raked after you pass the 10 BB threshold (if I remember correctly). so 8-2. I think you win this roughly 35-40% of the time, counting the times you're ahead now and stay ahead, or the times when he's behind but spikes an ace or something, and the times when he's ahead but you spike a T. if he checks behind the turn I'm bet-calling the river.

any read on whether he tends to slowplay two pair or a set? his stas are aggressive but how is he aggressive is sometimes important.

crownjules
03-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Villain's numbers don't seem so far out of whack that I don't have to give some consideration to this raise. I think I play it the way you do.

btspider
03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
flop bet is standard.. describe the lag in more detail than just the numbers. the numbers honestly don't indicate much of a lag.. he's a bit loose and aggro PF, but postflop doesn't look to crazy.

Sasnak
03-17-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop bet is standard.. describe the lag in more detail than just the numbers. the numbers honestly don't indicate much of a lag.. he's a bit loose and aggro PF, but postflop doesn't look to crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't have much more info than that. I don't take detailed notes other than exporting icon description, hands played, won/lost, WtSD, and folded to river bet.

That gives me an idea when I stop into a table for a look at who is on either side of the open seat.

My river play is something I'm needing to work on. Value betting on the end and calling/raising the river when bet into or played back at.

My WTSD is anemic and needs to be addressed.