PDA

View Full Version : Folding to a raise - Info from Gametime. playerview etc

Silverback
03-17-2005, 01:52 PM
When facing a raise on the flop or the turn, with hand like top pair weak kicker and by the flop you think you are not up against draws, nor do you have a draw on yourself, most likely you are up against top pair overcard kicker, or better,

What stats help you in your decision to call to a showndown or fold?

Im thinking of stats that playerview and Gametime offer, i personally use Gametime,

So basically what info helps you decide how seriously to take a raise, and within what range do you take seriously, e.g AF under what? etc

k_squared
03-17-2005, 03:01 PM
good question! But it is also complicated in that it depends on whether I think the person is a thinking player or not. If it is a thinking player I consider more carefully the situation as a whole. Is it a situation they might bluff at with frequency due to apparent weakness on my part? Aggression factor is something I look at, but I always hedge my decisions on the whole spectrum of information about them. If they are tight aggressive I tend to give them more credit when playing hands out of position, and less credit when playing hands in both good positions and situations! (i.e. on the button with no callers).

For most players I go into a check-call mode with top pair. against one opponent because for most players they love to bluff when you check to them! and They are willing to bet many hands that are substantially weaker than top pair.

One other thing to consider though is how high is your 'top pair?' If it is a pair of 6's then all of a sudden you know that most big cards that fall are going to look dangerous. Weighing the relative strength of your hand against what cards might come on the turn/river is also worthwhile.

-k_Squared