PDA

View Full Version : What to do (A4 in SB gets a good flop, or ?)

JimNashe
03-17-2005, 01:42 PM
This happens fairly often to me. I complete the SB with an ace and a crappy kicker. I check it on the flop to see what happens which is probably a mistake. But what do I then do when it comes back to me?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero ??

Entity
03-17-2005, 01:45 PM
I would bet the flop.

Since you didn't, I would fold now.

Rob

djhoneybear
03-17-2005, 01:47 PM
The size of the pot should make this easy. You are going to lose to almost any Ax holding unless you catch a couple of lucky cars. You need to call two small bets cold with only six in the pot and the possibility of a re-reaise behind you. Just fold and get out of the way.

vulturesrow
03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
I personally dont complete crappy Aces in the small blind, at least in the 1/2 BB structure. If the table is pretty loose, sometimes with A9o or A8o. But thats it.