PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Sophia
03-17-2005, 01:24 PM

jimdmcevoy
03-17-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No offence, but your questions here are sophomoric. They show an almost total lack of understanding of basic religious philosophy, and many of your apparent concerns could be addressed with a few minutes of study of a basic introductory textbook on the subject. Watching this board the last couple of weeks has been frankly a little embarrassing. You are asking simplistic questions and getting dreadful responses (along with the occasional enlightening answer that gets completely lost in the shuffle).

It's clear to me that you are attempting to ask questions that proselytize a simplistic atheistic outlook based on a somewhat smug sense of intellectual superiority. I used to see it all the time when teaching philosophy--the students who realize they don't believe would become almost righteous intellectual crusaders for "truth", while in the process obliquely insulting anyone they considered foolish enough to believe.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your atheist leanings, the way you have chosen to articulate them is, frankly, beneath you. Pretending to ask for advice from a board clearly unequipped to give you any real guidance is not the way to educate yourself or us. Start with some basic readings and go from there. And remember that the very most intelligent and thoughtful atheists and believers I have ever known went out of their way to give as much credit as possible to the other side. With a question of this magnitude, you do yourself a disservice by doing anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you that guy who had like 3 seperate accounts and tried to pretend to be 3 different people and got caught out?

felson
03-17-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you that guy who had like 3 seperate accounts and tried to pretend to be 3 different people and got caught out?

[/ QUOTE ]

If true, would that affect that quality of his reasoning?

jimdmcevoy
03-17-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If true, would that affect that quality of his reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

sumdumguy
03-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Have a little faith.

Derek in NYC
03-17-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No offence, but your questions here are sophomoric. They show an almost total lack of understanding of basic religious philosophy, and many of your apparent concerns could be addressed with a few minutes of study of a basic introductory textbook on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree David, please stop cluttering up the forum with your pseudo-philosophical/religious garbage. Stick it in a forum like OOT that nobody reads. Psychology used to be a decent forum until it got derailed by your juvenile, deliberately provocative crap.

Sophia
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Why was this post deleted?

Because I told David he was being a preening dope by turning this board into amateur religious philosophy corner?

odellthurman
03-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Looked like a good post to me.

twang
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he (and I'm not talking about God) can? Good post BTW.

/twang

Sophia
03-17-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he (and I'm not talking about God) can? Good post BTW.

/twang

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow thanks. I don't honestly know how to respond to a non-flame on here!

PotatoStew
03-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I find it very amusing that your entire post is contained in the very first reply.

I also think you had a perfectly valid point.

Emmitt2222
03-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't really like to agree with you in any way but I must on this point. It would benefit Mr. Sklansky a lot more to do some reading instead of asking people in a poker forum and philosophy and theology do not really belong in psychology. I hate to say it but this was a pretty unjust deleting of a thread, although it could have been phrased a bit less caustiscally. There goes freedom of speech.

[please don't ban me, I still like your books and buy them in mass quantity]

PotatoStew
03-18-2005, 01:50 AM
You don't like to agree with *me*, or the original poster? Just checking, because you replied to my post, and I'd hate to think you found me that disagreeable.

Toro
03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
This is pretty funny. The post was deleted but if you want to see it, all you have to do is go to the first reply which quotes the original post.

Nice try Mat. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

twang
03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty funny. The post was deleted but if you want to see it, all you have to do is go to the first reply which quotes the original post.

[/ QUOTE ]
This thread is, in its own unique way, pretty bizarre: A (former?) troll extraordinaire posts a piece of well articulated criticism aimed at the owner of these boards. The owner of these boards, one of the worlds foremost poker authors and also a strenuous advocate of the IQ concept, gets the original post deleted, but (accidentally?) leaves the entire content of the post in a quote found in the first reply of the thread. And just to make things even more strange: None of the replies flames the original poster.

/twang