PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Like Such A Fish

theBruiser500
03-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Blinds 150/300 I raise to 900 on button with AQo, I've been raising my fair share so far and the BB who appears to be a good player with a big stack has given me no respet, he reraises to 2400. I call I have 33K. Flop is K79 he best 1500 I call, maybe I have the best hand, if he bets turn I think easy fold if he doesn't I think I can dtake it away from him a lot of hte time. Plus I have 6 outs I think are good.

Turn is 9, he checks I check, river is 5, he best 1500. I raise to 6500 and he calls with 67.

Can't believe I didn't count up the pot whih was 12k after I call his bet so i just raise 5k, if I raise to 10k I must take the pot down. He called with 67. BTW this guys name is Marcus, European is he the same Marcus from Ray Zee's 5 part post a while back?

BTW I played a few other pots that made me feel kind of fishy too pretty interesting hands maybe I post them later. Maybe some of you have read a litle about one of them, my 29 hand.

fsuplayer
03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
this is a cash game? or tourney one in the wrong forum by mistake?

theBruiser500
03-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Monte Carlo touranment hand, [censored] the multi table forum.

turnipmonster
03-17-2005, 12:39 PM
lol, I totally thought this was a cash game hand.

theBruiser500
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Yeah, plays like one...

gomberg
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Why not bet the turn - I thought that was your plan? If you raise the river, you obviously have to raise a little more...

fsuplayer
03-17-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Monte Carlo touranment hand, [censored] the multi table forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

whew.

why didnt you bet the turn. its pretty obvious he wants to get to a showdown pretty cheap, or has nothing.

Mad Genius1
03-17-2005, 06:32 PM
His flop bet is awefully weak, did you consider raising? I can't see how he can call a big flop raise with 76 in that spot.

theBruiser500
03-17-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His flop bet is awefully weak, did you consider raising? I can't see how he can call a big flop raise with 76 in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

While the hand was taking place I didn't know he had 76.

kagame
03-17-2005, 11:50 PM
dude you should really work on your reads.

the kid would have put him on 76 after a 15 second stare.

Prevaricator
03-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Why not bet the turn, I like that a lot better than checking behind and then trying to represent something on the river.

kagame
03-18-2005, 12:52 AM
b/c you could represent a slowplayed 9 on the river? not with your preflop raise is the thing.

represent the king, a king would bet the turn here, and probably not be too terribly concerned about a 9 pairing.

youngin20
03-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Wow, thank god....I totally thought you were moving up from the 25/50 to 150/300...thought it was quite a jump. Its true your raise should have been bigger, but he still might have called. What do you think he can put you on the way you played it?

Lawrence Ng
03-18-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Lawrence

JaBlue
03-18-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm, Lawrence! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lawrence Ng
03-18-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
represent the king, a king would bet the turn here, and probably not be too terribly concerned about a 9 pairing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A king would have raised the flop you tard.

Lawrence

JaBlue
03-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Why didn't you raise flop?

Ray Zee
03-18-2005, 01:20 AM
not the same guy bruiser. but against weak players or ones that dont ever give you a hand, it doesnt pay to fool around on a paired board. it makes their hand look bigger.
your only ways to win were to play back big before the flop or bet the turn and move in on the river. but none of those are really fun to do. it was just a hand you would lose and maybe should have dumped on the river or flop.

kagame
03-18-2005, 02:10 AM
hey lawrence did the best player who posts on 2+2 just agree with my line?

stop flamming me, just address my question and ill drop the issue.

evanski
03-18-2005, 05:26 AM
Leave the poor man alone, no one cares. You claim to be doing the forum a service by ensuring that he plays the stakes he writes about, supposedly to ensure quality advice. Since when does playing 5/10 NL make anyone's advice any good? There are plenty of crappy posters on here who really do play 5/10. Even if he doesnt his posts are far more insightful than most. If you really wanted to ask him about the discrepancies between his posts and his blog there are about 7 millions better ways to do it then you did. Go have a pissing contest somewhere else.

-Evan

kagame
03-18-2005, 05:43 AM
you know what, you can blow me

hes the one being inflammatory and attacking my posts

"leave the poor guy alone"

wtf are you talking about, how for one is he a victim, and how am i supposed to leave him alone when he hunts each of my posts and flames them

you know what, youre right. having beginners take advice from someone who has created a semblance of expertise, but may not actually know what theyre talking about, yeah thats a great idea.

i really feel terrible for trying to make sure one of the main commentators here for the beginners posts actually has some credibility, and isnt fabrciating high stakes hands.

evanski
03-18-2005, 06:14 AM
I imagine he wouldnt be attacking your posts if you hadnt repeatedly publicly challenged his credibility.

"wtf are you talking about, how for one is he a victim, and how am i supposed to leave him alone when he hunts each of my posts and flames them"

Im not saying hes a victim, Im saying what you are doing is pointless and stupid. As to how to leave him alone, have you ever considered...not responding 9 million times?

"you know what, youre right. having beginners take advice from someone who has created a semblance of expertise, but may not actually know what theyre talking about, yeah thats a great idea."

I play 5-10NL, if I give crappy advice, is it inherently better than his? Shouldnt we judge his posts on their merits?

"i really feel terrible for trying to make sure one of the main commentators here for the beginners posts actually has some credibility, and isnt fabrciating high stakes hands."

I thank you for your good deed.

-Evan

kagame
03-18-2005, 07:16 AM
two things:

1. you said my posting was pointless and stupid, a warrantless claim that you provided no support for

2. how are beginners supposed to be able to tell whether or not a supposed experts posts have any merit? people come here for expert advise and tend to quickly accept the "authorities" position rather quickly