PDA

View Full Version : My Hand vs Evan

Clarkmeister
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Inspired by Mike Davis' post.

3-6. I haven't gotten out of line yet, other than going 5 bets preflop and 9 bets on the flop with GoT after I 3-bet him initially with 8Ts, the flop came Q97, I checked behind on the turn and got there on the river.

I raise UTG+1. Unknown lady coldcalls, Evan 3-bets with AsJs, blinds fold, I call, lady calls. 3 to the flop for 9sbs after rake.

Flop: Jd 4s 4d. I check, lady bets, Evan smoothcalls, I checkraise, lady calls, Evan calls.

Turn: Tc. I bet, lady calls, Even raises. I 3-bet, lady folds, Evan smoothcalls.

River: 5d. I bet, Evan raises for value.

How'd he do?

Entity
03-17-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't gotten out of line yet, other than going 5 bets preflop and 9 bets on the flop with GoT after I 3-bet him initially with 8Ts, the flop came Q97

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

On this one, it seems like Evan is overvaluing TPTK a little bit, but meh. I dunno. I don't know if you pay off with 99 or 88 (or KJs/QJs [do you open w/QJs here?]) often enough to like this.

Rob

PokerBob
03-17-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3-6. I haven't gotten out of line yet, other than going 5 bets preflop and 9 bets on the flop with GoT after I 3-bet him initially with 8Ts, the flop came Q97, I checked behind on the turn and got there on the river.

I raise UTG+1. Unknown lady coldcalls, Evan 3-bets with AsJs, blinds fold, I call, lady calls. 3 to the flop for 9sbs after rake.

Flop: Jd 4s 4d. I check, lady bets, Evan smoothcalls, I checkraise, lady calls, Evan calls.

Turn: Tc. I bet, lady calls, Even raises. I 3-bet, lady folds, Evan smoothcalls.

How'd he do?

[/ QUOTE ]

The river raise is fine if he can ditch it to a 3-bet, IMHO.

Entity
03-17-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How'd he do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know Clarkmeister that well, but what hands does he pay off with?

Rob

PokerBob
03-17-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How'd he do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. All I know of Clarkmeister is what I read here and the drunken stories I here from Bob T. I can't imagine him folding for 1 bet on the river with KJ or QJ. But then again I can't imagine him going this far with such a hand either. I piut him on KK or AA, and didn't cap preflop to trap that poor lady in the middle. Bastard.

nolanfan34
03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
I think he overplayed the turn, and certainly the river. Yeah, you're probably donking around a bit at this table, but you did open UTG+1 with something, check-raised the flop, and led the turn. Then, you 3-bet him. THEN you led the river. If I'm Evan, can I really think that TPTK is good there?

His river raise only seems to be good if he thinks you'll read him for diamonds and fold. But otherwise, the river isn't likely to have made a difference in what you're holding, so it's not like you're folding.

I dunno, just seems too aggressive to me on the river, given that you 3-bet the turn. My thought might possibly be affected though by a comment you made in another post, to Evan, regarding him getting a little out of line with TPTK against aggression.

chief444
03-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't see much value in the river raise. I can't imagine you putting him on a worse hand than TPTK as it played out.

MaxPower
03-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Don't you think that Evan should raise the flop?

edtost
03-17-2005, 01:04 PM
i'm suspicious of quads.

The Dude
03-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, see, he blew this one. He was trying to emulate you when you overplayed TPTK, but he forgot to fill up on the river.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-17-2005, 02:33 PM
i guarantee evan loses this hand.

me454555
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Why is even just smooth calling this flop? There are scary cards that could fall on turn that hurt his hand.

I'll have to think about this more before I can put clark on a hand though. this one is tough

Entity
03-17-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.geekfitness.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/evan.jpg

nolanfan34
03-17-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That rules.

Looking back, I also question the lack of a flop raise for Evan. Maybe he was trying to make it look like AA or KK waiting for a blank to raise the turn, but I sure would like to make Clark face two bets there.

Entity
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Is the prag actually reading any of this while he's in SoCal?

Michael Davis
03-17-2005, 08:09 PM
This hand is obviously a fabrication because Evan doesn't play AJs and he certainly doesn't raise postflop with just top pair.

-Michael

sfer
03-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha

sfer
03-17-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...other than going 5 bets preflop and 9 bets on the flop with GoT...

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9 flop bets took about 1.5 seconds to spray all over the table.

Luv2DriveTT
03-17-2005, 08:19 PM
If the lady is a complete calling station, then Evan's smoothcall on the flop isn't that bad. But when you check raise and the lady calls it practicaLLY SCREAMS "the lady's probably got a Jack and doesn't know how to play it". Knowing a bit about how I would expect you to play, I'd say he missed a 3-bet on the flop. I think the lady tossed in a monkey wrench that kept his otherwise great plan from being perfect.

oh.... great river value bet!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

wuwei
03-17-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

faaaaaantastic!

sfer
03-17-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Especially after hearing me and Josh call Evan a nit for 15 minutes and observing that Evan didn't straddle UTG yet. He did, eventually, when Clark called him out on it.

Entity
03-17-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Especially after hearing me and Josh call Evan a nit for 15 minutes and observing that Evan didn't straddle UTG yet. He did, eventually, when Clark called him out on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone want to share the results?

Rob

Sully
03-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Thought it was the lady, until I realized she folded.

Clark has a 4 and another rag.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-17-2005, 10:17 PM
yeah, i told you, evan loses this hand.

Entity
03-17-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i told you, evan loses this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that much.

Evan
03-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Clark called and I opened my hand; he says "The fukc!?!" shows his Q4, pushes the board and grabs the pot all in about 2 seconds.

Clarkmeister
03-18-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

faaaaaantastic!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG that's funny!

sthief09
03-18-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, see, he blew this one. He was trying to emulate you when you overplayed TPTK, but he forgot to fill up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

as a wise man once said, "when in doubt, get there."

Mike Gallo
03-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Fine if he had AA KK QQ or KQ of AK diamonds. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sthief09
03-18-2005, 03:40 AM
evan is the nittiest [censored] nit that ever was a [censored] nit. evan you are such a [censored] nit you nitty [censored]

Mike Gallo
03-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Josh,

Have you slept yet? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Clarkmeister
03-18-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
evan is the nittiest [censored] nit that ever was a [censored] nit. evan you are such a [censored] nit you nitty [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. The lesson is that if you are a nit, and your opponent knows you are a nit, and he is still 3-betting you after you have already 3-bet [i]him[/] preflop and again on the turn after lots of flop action, then top pair is never ever ever ever ever good. Ever.

Michael Davis
03-18-2005, 03:53 AM
Except that maybe you're such a nitty nit that your opponent thinks he can blow you off a legitimate hand with a seemingly reckless threebet?

-Michael

Clarkmeister
03-18-2005, 11:16 AM
That's what the nits always think.

sfer
03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Except that maybe you're such a nitty nit that your opponent thinks he can blow you off a legitimate hand with a seemingly reckless threebet?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one person getting blown off hands in this forum and it's you. By LAGs. Until they get dealt AA. Boo-ya.

PokerBob
03-18-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what the nits always think.

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Clark called and I opened my hand; he says "The fukc!?!" shows his Q4, pushes the board and grabs the pot all in about 2 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untrue. If you blinked you would have missed it.

sfer
03-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Nit = short guy with an okay fake ID, a square-ish blonde haircut, getting pushed around by an Asian guy with a hibernating afro.

flair1239
03-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Seems like he is being overaggressive on the river, and also being overly cute on the flop. Looks like he is just trying to showoff.

edtost
03-18-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IM SO [censored] PISSED THAT I CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THIS [censored] PAPER ITS SUCH [censored] BULLSHIT I CANT BELIEVE THIS [censored] I HATE THIS PAPER WITH ALL THAT I HAVE IN ME I JUST WANT IT TO BE OVER I WANT IT TO BE DONE [censored] SCHOOL [censored] FINALS [censored] THIS [censored] I WANT TO GO GAMBLE IN AC BUT I HAVE TO DO THIS WORTHLESS SACK OF [censored] PAPER [censored] THIS [censored] THIS [censored] THIS

IM DONE

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've gone back to not avioding the censors in hopes of keeping your account?

Entity
03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IM SO [censored] PISSED THAT I CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THIS [censored] PAPER ITS SUCH [censored] BULLSHIT I CANT BELIEVE THIS [censored] I HATE THIS PAPER WITH ALL THAT I HAVE IN ME I JUST WANT IT TO BE OVER I WANT IT TO BE DONE [censored] SCHOOL [censored] FINALS [censored] THIS [censored] I WANT TO GO GAMBLE IN AC BUT I HAVE TO DO THIS WORTHLESS SACK OF [censored] PAPER [censored] THIS [censored] THIS [censored] THIS

IM DONE

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've gone back to not avioding the censors in hopes of keeping your account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he just realizes that [censored] is funnier than f[/b]uck. Especially when you say that Evan is a [censored] nit, or a short [censored] nit, or possibly a pint-sized [censored] midget of a nit.

DMBFan23
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
[censored] is funnier because you get to imagine what's behind the veil, and there's room for a little imagination. kind of like how lingerie can be cooler than actual nakedness sometimes. but actually not like that because nakedness is far cooler.

Schizo
03-18-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is obviously a fabrication because Evan doesn't play AJs and he certainly doesn't raise postflop with just top pair.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a serious post? I can see folding AJs against a raise vs. Clarky but ever????? At 3-6?????