PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the mucked hole card software?

Derek in NYC
03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Wasnt somebody going to release a beta of software that automatically showed the mucked hole cards, rather than forcing you to go to the hand history? This would be a helpful add-on, and I'd love to test it.

teddyFBI
03-17-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasnt somebody going to release a beta of software that automatically showed the mucked hole cards, rather than forcing you to go to the hand history? This would be a helpful add-on, and I'd love to test it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump - this is probably the best piece of would-be software we haven't seen yet. I've asked several ppl to have a look-see if this was feasible. The overwhelming answer is Y-E-S, but doesn't seem that anyone's taken the lead on it.

YoureToast
03-17-2005, 06:00 PM
That was me. I released a beta to a few people who never commented. Frankly, I don't blame them b/c it turns out it works but acts inconsistently. I use it when I play and it is helpful but it isn't quite there yet for further release (the main problem is that, on occasion, the hole cards take too long to show). If more people express interest, I will reinitiate this project and get it in a little better shape. All I need is a little push and it should be easy to fix to get very workable.

teddyFBI
03-17-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was me. I released a beta to a few people who never commented. Frankly, I don't blame them b/c it turns out it works but acts inconsistently. I use it when I play and it is helpful but it isn't quite there yet for further release (the main problem is that, on occasion, the hole cards take too long to show). If more people express interest, I will reinitiate this project and get it in a little better shape. All I need is a little push and it should be easy to fix to get very workable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i figured it would have to be very responsive/quick to be useful, but figured that wouldn't be too much of a problem b/c the hhf file (IIRC) is written in real-time.

Anyway, here's hoping you get back on the horse and dive back in -- this WILL be the best software addon since PV / GT+ if we get it working well.

jacobsta
03-17-2005, 06:13 PM
I think it would be great ! Obviously only works for Party/Pokerroom/Crypto, but still !

YoureToast
03-17-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i figured it would have to be very responsive/quick to be useful, but figured that wouldn't be too much of a problem

[/ QUOTE ]
True...Its more just a bug in my program. Hopefully, I'll have some time in the next week or two and some others tell me they want it.

scarr
03-18-2005, 03:43 AM
The only site I know which shows mucked showdown cards is UB. Do these sites show all mucked cards or just those mucked at showdown?

Also, UB is the only one I have seen which will provide a separate hand history window which you can save to disk. How do you get the hand history for these other sites? Can you save the history to disk? Is it done automatically? At UB you have to manually do it.

I found a nice program called KeyText which allows me to assign macros to function keys which will emulate key clicks on the UB windows. With one function key I can retrieve and save the last hand to a disk file.

Regards,

-Scarr

Alobar
03-18-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i figured it would have to be very responsive/quick to be useful, but figured that wouldn't be too much of a problem

[/ QUOTE ]
True...Its more just a bug in my program. Hopefully, I'll have some time in the next week or two and some others tell me they want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, hell yes...I want...I want

philnewall
03-18-2005, 07:39 AM
I would definetly be interested in a copy of this!

mshalen
03-18-2005, 10:39 AM
A program with this ability would be fantastic. Put me on the list. I came in on the middle of this, would this be an addon to PT or a stand alone program? I have recently been playing a lot of stud and it would be great if it worked for stud.

YoureToast
03-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Right now I have it working (sporadically) on Party Holdem tables. Adding stud or omaha or whatever would be easy. Adding other sites would be possible in certain instances but not quite as easy.

I am starting to get a little encouraged -- but not quite there yet. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JoeAbrams
03-18-2005, 04:45 PM
www.xlabs.org/software/MuckDigger/ (http://www.xlabs.org/software/MuckDigger/)

Free .. I wrote it quick, it's rough, but seems to work ok.
Im broke so couldnt test on real $ but i think it should work fine.

jwp
03-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Encouragenment, plus I'd be gald to test it and comment on it.

JWP

mshalen
03-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Joe I'll download your program next week and let you know how it works.

mshalen
03-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I am in awe of the abilities that people here have and that they are so willing to share. I think you have caught the interest of lots of people. If you do decide to pursue this project please keep us informed.

AnilK
03-18-2005, 09:08 PM
This program already exists. Poker-Spy from www.poker-spy.com (http://www.poker-spy.com) shows mucked cards at the showdown.

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
As you can see from my having bumed the MuckDigger thread, I remain very interested in seeing software that shows holecards developed. I would like to encourage you to continue development. I would also participate in beta testing, and will give detailed feedback.

imported_stealthcow
03-28-2005, 02:12 PM
to be honest, i think a fast working program of this nature would help most players (including me) game more then playerview does.

stealthcow-

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Not to make things more complicated than necessary, but one more thought about this software. Particularly for players who multitable, it would also be helpful if, in addition to showing the mucked hole cards, the program displayed one of the following messages:

Called big blind
Raised big blind
Cold call raise
Reraised
Cold call three-bet
Capped
Called cap

teddyFBI
03-28-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to make things more complicated than necessary, but one more thought about this software. Particularly for players who multitable, it would also be helpful if, in addition to showing the mucked hole cards, the program displayed one of the following messages:

Called big blind
Raised big blind
Cold call raise
Reraised
Cold call three-bet
Capped
Called cap

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps, but let's not complicate things more than they need to be just yet -- let's get the visual display thing done and then worry about add-ons.

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 03:12 PM
very true. im so desperate for the basic functionality, im considering buying that stupid poker-spy software that some guy has been pimping just for the teeny bit of added functionality i dont have.

amirpc
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Look for the testing release of PV on April 1st. Its built in.

Derek in NYC
03-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Excellent. This is reason enough to switch from Gametime+

teddyFBI
03-28-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look for the testing release of PV on April 1st. Its built in.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMNIT, i can't wait! fie on GT+!