PDA

View Full Version : pushing the limits? sb defense againt this fish. quickie question.

DcifrThs
03-17-2005, 10:43 AM
stats dont matter as much as what i've personally seen but he's a 57/15/1.8.

this man/woman (hereafter man) wont be "outplayed" in the sense that if he indeed does have something, K high lets say, its showdown time...im in sb folded around to fish on button.

he raises. i call with Qd9h.

-Barron

stoxtrader
03-17-2005, 10:45 AM
In the BB I love it, from the SB? I think it's a loose call.

DcifrThs
03-17-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the BB I love it, from the SB? I think it's a loose call.

[/ QUOTE ]

forgot to mention...bb is tight as sh*t.

but the point of the call is that i hit any pair here i'm golden to the river earning $60 bets in the process agood ammount of the time...hed raise here with very close to any 2.

EDIT:but it is called "pushing the limits?"

-Barron

stoxtrader
03-17-2005, 12:18 PM
this seems a bit like an arguement for calling with anytwo, so the question is how/where to draw the line.

you will flop a pair roughly 1/3 of the time. if you do not flop a pair, you will check/fold (yes you can make 4 to a straight, or two overs, etc...but bear with me).

so 2/3 of the time you will lose 20 bucks.

1/3 of the time you will spend 95 and the pot size will be 222 (assuming rake and 1 bet each street with BB folding pre-flop).

you need to profit 40 on avg when you hit a pair under this analysis to make it profitable. when you are good, you will make 127 in profit. when you lose you will lose 95.

so over 10k trials, you would have to win about 61% of the time you do hit a pair to avg a profit of 40.

this is definitely an arguement for playing more hands in the SB, and playing WAY more hands in the BB. and yes, I believe too many people underdefend.

the problem with my analysis, aside from the basic one of I likely did the math incorrectly, is that a number of things can go wrong (BB joins pot or raises, you lose more when behind win less when ahead), particularly because you are out of position. But vs a player like you describe, I rescind my "loose call" comment. it is a bit of a dream scenario, with a tight BB, and an implied odds magnifier type player on the button though, so dont start defending with everything!

DcifrThs
03-17-2005, 12:26 PM
ok ok...i wont defend with eveerything...

but keep comin at me w/ J4o and see what happens /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Barron

Nomar
03-17-2005, 12:48 PM
hmm 943 am today...man w/ women character...i think I was this loose fish...

stoxtrader
03-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I like to magnify my own implied odds.

what?