PDA

View Full Version : Question on Stu Ungar Movie "High Roller"

Vee Quiva
03-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Who is the character DJ based on? He's the one who runs the bluff with the 2-7 off suit and later helps Stuey get clean.

GreywolfNYC
03-17-2005, 11:49 AM
I think the character is based on Jack Strauss, if I remember correctly.

GrandmaStabone
03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

TheJackal
03-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I thought it was TJ Cloutier, the characters name is DJ Cutter, but I'm probably wrong.

Hold'me
03-17-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was TJ Cloutier, the characters name is DJ Cutter, but I'm probably wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. You're wrong. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick Nebiolo
03-17-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sure looked like Strauss, but Jack died many years before Ungar died. In the movie it seemed the character was close to Stu until the end.

Perhaps this could be a combination of two characters. I believe this a common movie technique.

~ Rick

GrandmaStabone
03-17-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sure looked like Strauss, but Jack died many years before Ungar died. In the movie it seemed the character was close to Stu until the end.

Perhaps this could be a combination of two characters. I believe this a common movie technique.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

For craps sake, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS AN EXACT HAND THAT JACK STRAUSS PLAYED. PLEASE do not make me dig it up.

Rick Nebiolo
03-18-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[For craps sake, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS AN EXACT HAND THAT JACK STRAUSS PLAYED. PLEASE do not make me dig it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about the hand but it is still possible that they combined characters to streamline the plot.

~ Rick