PDA

View Full Version : AKo vs TAA

DavidC
03-17-2005, 09:37 AM
I was playing a little at the tight morning tables, when I played this hand vs a TAA.

This guy had been very aggressive in a hand with me in the past with a flopped bottom straight (filling a gap plus the bottom), but he'd slowed down after I checkraised a scary turn (my mistake). It was a flush card and paired the board. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm talking about the SB

I don't have reads on MP2.

I figured that I was splitting with the SB on the river, so I bet into him to grab half a bet from MP2. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm raising the flop to try to get the free card to see my gutshot.

----------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Buckmulligan
03-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't think you should have raised the flop. You aren't going to take this thing down anytime soon unimproved, so go ahead and draw. The rest looks good.

SCfuji
03-17-2005, 11:18 AM
if hes aggressive with you then dont you think the chances of the sb 3-betting you are high? i think i overcall the flop bet.

fuji

slickterp
03-17-2005, 11:38 AM
agreed on the overcall. he bet out to begin with so decent chance he could have a Q? sure. so at this point, you have to consider yourself behind. when the A comes and you come to life and see how he reacts.

afk
03-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I might just call the flop. You capped preflop and he still bet into you on the flop. Raising the flop is unlikely to buy you a cheap card, either because he'll 3bet you or he'll stop&amp;go.

SCfuji
03-17-2005, 11:48 AM
some good advice from Michael Davis (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1937103&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

take a look at what MD wrote about my hand. you capped the betting preflop in this hand yet the sb still bet into two people here on the flop (since the sb was a tag the flop bet might be automatic). since you cant fold the option seems to be between raising and calling and calling just seems better here imo.

iluzion
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
i call flop bet instead of raise, the rest looks great

SCfuji
03-17-2005, 01:33 PM
so did he table the AK too or what?

riffraff
03-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure why but I put villan (SB) on AQ. I know that doesn't make sense based on his description... but oh well =)

Isura
03-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Since SB is fairly solid, and he 3-bet preflop and bet the flop, it's unlikely you're going to get a free card. If he's any good, he's not checking to you on the turn with a made hand (he's will bet to protect it), so just call the flop. Rest is fine.

DavidC
03-17-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should have raised the flop. You aren't going to take this thing down anytime soon unimproved, so go ahead and draw. The rest looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that my odds to hit my gutshot are like 10.5:1 by the turn, or 6:1 by the river.

If I can get a free card here, it's totally worthwhile. I also have the overcards, for perhaps as much as 7 outs here.

If you would raise the OESD or FF for a free card and value, why not do the same with your GSOC?

Shillx
03-17-2005, 07:19 PM
You overplayed your hand imo. You happened to get lucky that the villian had no clue as to what he is doing. His turn bet screams strength to me after what happened preflop and on the flop. You are going to get 3-bet in this spot a good % when you have outs to improve.

Brad

DavidC
03-18-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if hes aggressive with you then dont you think the chances of the sb 3-betting you are high? i think i overcall the flop bet.

fuji

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point.

However, this flop is kinda ragged, so a raise could be pretty scary here, with me basically portraying QQ/AA/KK.

DavidC
03-18-2005, 02:08 AM
I did get lucky, he did have AK, we did split MP's money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll check out the link from Fuji, and I think I'll take your recommendations to call in the future.

When he didn't three-bet the turn, I figured he didn't have AQ or a set, which were the only hands that I was really afraid of.

That made the river bet easy.

--Dave.