PDA

View Full Version : How many tables do you play? (low content)

TylerD
03-17-2005, 09:20 AM
It seems most people here play at least 2 tables, but I'm curious of how many people play more than 4. I'm comfortable 4 tabling $3/6 limit (and more recently $5/10 6 max), but for some reason I prefer to stick to two or three tables of $55 SnGs. Perhaps because I like to make more notes and don't rely on PokerTracker/Playerview?

Anyone else play more or less SnG tables than they do ring games?

PS I warned you it was low content.

lorinda
03-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Three SNGs because I find I can almost absorb a reasonable chunk of the info, and four makes my brain switch off.

Four .5/1 or $25nl ring games when doing bonuses.

Two 2/4 or $more nl ring games when playing for hourly rate (Almost never)

Lori

Mr_J
03-17-2005, 09:49 AM
I 5table, and only because that's the max my current setup allows.

"Perhaps because I like to make more notes and don't rely on PokerTracker/Playerview?"

I rely on my instincts. All of our brains build atuoreads based off the info we absorb. Saves me having to think and analyze /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stigmata
03-17-2005, 09:56 AM
I usually have 2 6-max tables and 1 SNG running.

When the action heats up on the SNG, I sit out of one, then the other ring game. I find that my total concentration at the important end of the SNG helps significantly.

Thigh
03-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Can we add something to this. What site do you play on, and how do you like the multi-tabling ability of that site?

I ask because I'm on UB, and trying to MT there is nothing short of a nightmare. I asked this question the other day on the Micro board, and the only reply I received was to play Party and their skins. Is that where mostly everyone plays around here?

I noticed the NA vs. Europe is on Stars. Any good?

lorinda
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I ask because I'm on UB, and trying to MT there is nothing short of a nightmare

You are of course either tired or mad.

UB is by far the easiest site to multi-table on unless you count Prima as a viable option.

Use mini-view, it's amazing.

Lori

Thigh
03-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I tried mini-view. It's completely confusing. It just doesn't come across in any sensible way to me. It's like you're looking at an inquiry board with everyone laid out flat infront of you.

Maybe I should try it again. It's just every time I try, it confuses me.

I've seen pics from other sites, where the actual tables are shrunk so it still looks like your playing at a regular table.

lorinda
03-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Use play chips until you are used to it.

After a while it all clicks into place (So I hear, I got it pretty fast to be honest) and it's the best thing ever /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lori

lorinda
03-17-2005, 10:15 AM
I've seen pics from other sites, where the actual tables are shrunk so it still looks like your playing at a regular table.

That's Prima.

Lori

Thigh
03-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Hadn't thought of doing that. So it actually fell into place for you?

I get completely discombobulated when I look at that freakin screan. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

It would be the answer to my problem though, because I like UB.

Thigh
03-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure. It looked like a good way to MT though. Heck, if I could get used to the mini-view at UB, I could fit a whole bunch of tables on my screen. Right now, two is do-able. Three is pushing it. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

TylerD
03-17-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
discombobulated

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great word.

I can't use UB's mini-view either, I've tried numerous times but I can't get to grips with it.

Thigh
03-17-2005, 10:35 AM
You like that word? A perfect choice for when I go into mini-view, when I'm looking at that small rectangular box after looking at a whole table, and all of a sudden I get that annoying buzzer sound because it's my turn to bet, and I didn't even know it. Then my cursor flies all over the place trying to figure out what button to hit.

Invariably, this will happen when I just flopped quads, with all ten hands calling a capped PF, and I end up folding. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm gonna spend some time trying out lorinda's suggestion with play chips. Maybe I can get it to work for me.

codewarrior
03-17-2005, 10:43 AM
I usually have 2 multis and 1 SnG going. I tend to 4-table ring if I find 4 games I like, but I don't ring very often anymore.

When I am relaxing, I just 1-table. This is only a hobby for me, with benefits. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dfscott
03-17-2005, 12:06 PM
When I played 3/6 limit, I played only 3, since my laptop was only 1280 x 1024 and the overlap made life crazy. When I switched to SnGs, I dropped back to two. However, I just got a new Dell 8600 (hurray!) and it can 4-table easily, so I had to give that a shot just to see. The first few sessions were crazy, but coupled with PlayerView, it’s very doable. In fact, I find that I’m much more decisive and don't tend to overthink so much, and my results so far seem to be better. We’ll see how the next 100 SnGs go…

Scuba Chuck
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Taking notes on people for future games is futile on Party or their skins. You will rarely ever see them again. The only notes I take are if they are a 2+2er, tight, or crafty. Those seem to be the only ones I see consistently over and over. Therefore, note-taking doesn't affect my 4 tabling.

I used to try and keep notes on fish, but they come and go so often.

1C5
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
I play 4 currently, get bored with anything less and will eventually try 8 when I get a good set up with another 21 inch LCD.

TylerD
03-17-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Taking notes on people for future games is futile on Party or their skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

TheUsher
03-17-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Taking notes on people for future games is futile on Party or their skins. You will rarely ever see them again. The only notes I take are if they are a 2+2er, tight, or crafty. Those seem to be the only ones I see consistently over and over. Therefore, note-taking doesn't affect my 4 tabling.

I used to try and keep notes on fish, but they come and go so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually my notes seem to help me more than they hurt me taking the time to write them while 4tabling as I learn who to play with and people to avoid when I open up new tables. My note file right now is about 600kb, which actually is much smaller than it could be since Party sometimes deletes it entirely when their software crashes.

I mostly just try and keep notes on blind stealing, overall tightness/looseness, if they overplay weak aces, etc. Then again I'm such a fish that sometimes I don't even pay attention to the notes anyways. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wu36
03-17-2005, 09:19 PM
4 table 33's and 2/4-3/6 full ring. 2 tables if for some reason i'm playing 5/10 6max. I'd like to try working up to 8 tables on the 30s before taking a shot at the 55s.

Benholio
03-17-2005, 10:49 PM
I 8-table, so I don't take notes very often. I will tag frequent players, 2+2'ers, etc. Then I will steal liberally from said 2+2'ers until they call me and I suckout, bwahaha.

Sometimes I will see something mid-tournament that I deem worthy enough to remember for the rest of the tournament, though. Usually it has to do with the players on either side of me, and how they act with the blinds. For instance, today I had someone complete the SB twice while I was in the BB, and then showdown complete crap. This isn't a rare occurence on party, but its nice to know. I noted it, and didn't hesitate popping them back once the blinds got big enough to matter.

Also, I will sometimes see players fold their blinds in situations where you wouldn't normally expect any fold equity. I will tag these kinds of things that might help me decide to steal or not in the late game.