PDA

View Full Version : How do I play this 66 postflop?

coinflip
03-17-2005, 01:18 AM
First orbit. On the flop, I've got a straight flush draw, but I can't like the flush part much. Barring someone having flopped a flush, any 2 or 7 gives me the nuts, but how much do I need to discount because of the flopped flush possibility?

I was very confused on both streets ...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Flop: (17 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ...

jclin
03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Try to put a range of hands on each player. UTG calls the 3-bet PF. Probably two high cards. BB 3-bets PF, but only calls the flop. High pair. UTG+1 CC's PF, and is very aggresive postflop. Probably a set, but could be flush. I still believe that you have 8 legitimate outs. It is worth a cold call on turn, even if it gets capped.

Etric
03-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Flop is an easy fold, your straight draw might already be beat, and if it isn't there is a flush redraw. Combined with the preflop action, I don't think you have the best hand, nor will you end up with the best hand. Fold.

Edit- assuming you call the flop, fold the turn. Your flush outs are no good, (except for the 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) your straight draw is also worthless as well. The other 6s put 4 to a straight on the board. People usually freeze up vs highly coordinated boards, unless they have a good piece of it. I think one of more of your opponents does, while you do not. Fold.

Moyer
03-17-2005, 03:25 AM
Fold.

I don't see how you can call 3 bets cold on the flop w/out a good read on anyone. Good chance that BB or UTG will cap it.

You're behind. You have two clean outs, the 2s &amp; 7s. And I guess a backdoor boat draw. Even if there is no flush yet and you do catch a 2 or 7, you have to dodge another spade on the river. Your straight outs are next to nothing.