PDA

View Full Version : Big blind with big slick

ShawnHoo
03-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Good 15/30 on Party. I've only seen one orbit so far, but nothing sticks out about any of my opponents at this point.

I get AhKd in the BB. One early limper and two late limpers. SB completes and I raise. All call.

Flop: As9hTs

Checked to me, I bet. The three limpers all call and the SB folds.

Turn: Js

I bet, first limper folds, other limpers call (there was a bit of a delay with one of them).

River: 9c

I check, intending to call one bet for sure.

Comments? Anyone just check pre-flop and go for a flop checkraise instead? Any value to betting the river?

jgorham
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Preflop is fine, but I feel that there most certainly is value in a river bet here. If they had a hand they probably would have told you about it on the turn. Maybe the 9 helped someone, but no reason to give them credit for it early. Bet and let them pay you off with their aces, jacks and tens.

antifish225
03-17-2005, 08:20 AM
LIke the preflop raise, value bet the river for sure - the scare card for me would have been on the turn for the straight, if someone made it on the turn they would have rasied you then.....of course there are allot of 'late limping' hands with a 9 in them so there is a chance that it helped someone out - however I would be inclined to bet out the river and call down if rasied...jmho

TStoneMBD
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
easy river bet. the 9 is a great card for your hand because it counterfeits alot of 2pairs.

JeffO
03-17-2005, 09:30 AM
You need to bet this river. There are many hands you still beat that will call you here. The 9s pairing shouldn't slow you down here.