PDA

View Full Version : bet this river?

brettbrettr
03-16-2005, 11:41 PM
SB is loose passive, MP is tight-passive. Is this an easy bet? HU I bet it, but gainst 2 guys I didn't.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

captZEEbo1
03-17-2005, 04:38 AM
I'd probably bet it. One guy can easily have JT, and the other guy can easily have Ax

Rudis
03-17-2005, 07:29 AM
I valuebet too little...
I wouldn't bet this...
I'm not sure what is correct.

helpmeout
03-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Always

tolbiny
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
yes. value bet it.

Buccaneer
03-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I am still getting my feet wet. I am wondering about your comment: [ QUOTE ]
I'd probably bet it. One guy can easily have JT, and the other guy can easily have Ax

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain please? I would be worried about AK and Kx.

Is the checking on the river what causes you not to mention the AK, Kx? If so could a check not be a failed check raise?

captZEEbo1
03-17-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am still getting my feet wet. I am wondering about your comment: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain please? I would be worried about AK and Kx.

Is the checking on the river what causes you not to mention the AK, Kx? If so could a check not be a failed check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK certainly would've 3-bet flop, or raised turn...a hand like KQ is certainly a possibility. If he is so passive though, he might not even raise you on the river, but will bet when it gets checked to him. You're more likely going to get paid off by Ax and QQ or get paid off just by Ax or just by QQ or by Ax and JT then get raised by the passive guy's trip Ks.

7ontheline
03-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Bet it. If someone has a K, so be it. If they're really passive and not tricky you may be able to fold to the CR, although I usually call like a fish. MP raised preflop but never postflop so I wouldn't worry about him - what he is coldcalling with is not obvious but likely not dangerous. Would SB bet out with only a K when an A is on the board, especially into the PFR and another caller? Probably not if he is passive as you say.

ctv1116
03-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Bet it, please. I don't even think it is that close. From my experience, since the paired board is a K, SB would lead out with a K, MP is tight-passive, would he cold call a flop with just a king? No. This read might be wrong, but it probably isn't wrong often enough to be weak and check through. You're losing a bet anyway if MP has a K, and you'll win an extra bet (or two) far more often.

MAxx
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
edit: misread pf action.

Any merit to 3-betting pf?

i say bet river too

Surfbullet
03-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I will often 3-bet here, as the 2 callers could have anything, and I get to see if MP 4-bets.

Oh yeah, I bet the river.

Surf