PDA

View Full Version : Disturbingly Funny Commercial

anisotropy
03-16-2005, 11:30 PM
I can't help but laugh and cringe at the same time every time it comes on. I hope it gets much more airtime.

Rhinestone Hootie (mms://od-msn.msn.com/22/mbr/a_050220_bk_promo.wmv)

istewart
03-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Patrick? Dynasty?

mostsmooth
03-16-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but laugh and cringe at the same time every time it comes on. I hope it gets much more airtime.

<a href="mms://od-msn.msn.com/22/mbr/a_050220_bk_promo.wmv" target="_blank">Rhinestone Hootie</a>

[/ QUOTE ]
this has been discussed, and is my fav commercial
i owe you one for gettting me the link (i had requested it to no avail)

anisotropy
03-16-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for telling me it's been discussed. I did a very cursory search using the highly functional search function and couldn't find it, else I wouldn't have made another post.

Patrick, I await the steaming pile picture.

DesertCat
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

<a href="mms://od-msn.msn.com/22/mbr/a_050220_bk_promo.wmv" target="_blank">Rhinestone Hootie</a>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious. But I can't believe it's going to sell one single burger for them.

Dynasty
03-17-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I await the steaming pile picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to actually request it, I don't see how you can be refused.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/capt.jpg

I don't get what's so interesting about the commercial. It's a little weird. But, there are plenty of weird commercials.

moondogg
03-17-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The format of the commercial doesn't make me want to buy anything.

BUT, I will buy pretty much any food product that has the words "bacon", "chedder", and "ranch" in it. And the commercial has hammered into my head that the BK sandwich has all three.

daryn
03-17-2005, 12:25 AM
i don't think it's really funny. it is the best commercial ever though.

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you realize theyre not trying to sell burgers with this, right?

daryn
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
actually, i'd be very surprised if this commercial didn't sell any burgers. i mean, say you and your buddy go into a BK, you go in for this nice chicken sandwich. he feels like a burger. boom.

istewart
03-17-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
actually, i'd be very surprised if this commercial didn't sell any burgers. i mean, say you and your buddy go into a BK, you go in for this nice chicken sandwich. he feels like a burger. boom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt be surprised either, but then again, im not the guy who said it wouldnt sell any

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for telling me it's been discussed. I did a very cursory search using the highly functional search function and couldn't find it, else I wouldn't have made another post.

Patrick, I await the steaming pile picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasnt much of a thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1786631&Fo rum=,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,,,&Words=&Search page=10&Limit=25&Main=1786631&Search=true&where=&N ame=1085&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval= &oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1786631)

Bukem_
03-17-2005, 12:54 AM
I can't turn this off.

radek2166
03-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Its like the wall. Acid makes it much better

fluxrad
03-17-2005, 02:07 AM
I'll see your hootie and raise you one Sun Fizz:

Best. Commercial. Ever. (http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/ads/sunfizz.avi) (right click, save as)

cab4656
03-17-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll see your hootie and raise you one Sun Fizz:

Best. Commercial. Ever. (http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/ads/sunfizz.avi) (right click, save as)

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't even deserve to be in the same thread as the BK commercial.

bholdr
03-17-2005, 02:20 AM
MEH.

Daliman
03-17-2005, 03:52 AM
WTF is Christina Aguilera doing posing in this video? If it ain't her, it usre lokk a hell of a lot like her to me. Just odd overall.

JaBlue
03-17-2005, 03:56 AM
This is a horrible commercial and Hootie's a sellout ! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

pshreck
03-17-2005, 04:01 AM
You get to veg all day

All the lotto tickets pay

There’s a king who wants you to have it your way

These lyrics are so awesome I can't describe how much in awe I am whenever I hear them.

Best commercial ever, without anything being even close to it.

The Dude
03-17-2005, 05:31 AM
This commercial has to be what inspired The Rock's video in the movie Be Cool. Good times.

Monkeyslacks
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Better. (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/monkeybeer.php)

ClassicBob
03-29-2005, 01:51 AM
I just saw the new Burger King commercial (for something called the egg-normous omelette sandwich or somesuch) and I just wanted to add that "the King" in these commercials is one of the funniest costumes I've ever seen. It has me cracking up everytime I see it.

Beerfund
03-29-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong, driving back from Vegas this weekend I kept singing the song and my friend promised to buy me a hootie burger when we got back if I would shut up and go to sleep. Of course the commercial is so good the burger could never live up, but it wasn't bad. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tolbiny
03-29-2005, 02:06 AM
"I don't get what's so interesting about the commercial"

I think it has something to do with the two hot chicks dipping their fingers into buckets of white, creamy sauce, and licking their fingers. Reminiscent of the "more head room" commercial for enterprise.

BusterStacks
03-29-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You get to veg all day

All the lotto tickets pay

There’s a king who wants you to have it your way

These lyrics are so awesome I can't describe how much in awe I am whenever I hear them.

Best commercial ever, without anything being even close to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is by far the greatest commercial I've ever seen.