PDA

View Full Version : SS2 LImit Section by Harman

Talk2BigSteve
03-16-2005, 11:23 PM
I am about to get to this section of the book and I am a 99% Limit Player and 1% No Limit Player. So my questions are for those who have read this part.

What was your overall impression of the information?
What was good Advice?
What was bad Advice?
What if anything do you feel was left out or understessed?
What would you have emphasised if you would have written it?

Thanks in Advance!

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mmcd
03-16-2005, 11:57 PM
meh.

Rianna
03-17-2005, 12:15 AM
I love Jenniffer but if you apply a lot of that stuff online youll get buried IMO. It's also pretty simple stuff, not advanced as I hoped it would be.

helpmeout
03-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Nothing special, just beginner stuff really.

The book is good to have in your library if you ever want to try different games.

betgo
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing special, just beginner stuff really.

[/ QUOTE ]

She says fold AJo in the 1st 3 positions. Don't raise with AJo or AQo in late position if there are already 4 or more people in the pot, because these hands don't play well multiway. This kind of advice works only at 40/80 or higher or in some tournment situations, where most of the players are tight aggressive.

The advice on playing postflop was oriented towards 2 or 3-way pots with tight aggressive players.

I don't see this as beginners material. I think it was worth reading. It covers a similar game to Sklanky's HFAP. Her advice is less didactic than Sklansky's. Sklansky will say raise here, but if you are reraised you are clearly beaten so you should fold.

I actually like Baldwin's limit holdem section from SSI better than Harmon's, but they are pretty different approaches to the subject.

GreywolfNYC
03-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Her chapter is excellent. Period.

Andy B
03-18-2005, 09:27 PM
I found it confusing because she keeps using "opponent" in the singular.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nate1729
03-18-2005, 11:48 PM
My thoughts on SS2, including Harman's section, are here. (http://tinyurl.com/4jlbg)