PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 6max, bottom set and craziness ensues

Prevaricator
03-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($656)
CO ($1115)
Button ($1044.25)
Hero ($1356)
BB ($938)
UTG ($4108)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, MP calls $20, CO calls $20, Button calls $20, Hero (poster) calls $15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($110) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $167</font>, MP calls $636 (All-In), CO calls $1095 (All-In), Button folds, Hero ???

I have no solid reads on the specific players, but I believe UTG and CO are winners in this game. UTG could have a lot of things here, but I don't consider the overbet to mean immense strength. MP is probably either a draw or pair or what not, but the CO's push worries me. Is this an auto call, or is folding an option?

greg nice
03-16-2005, 11:22 PM
thats what you get for checking. why did you check?

seriously this is a tough spot with that flush draw out there.

Kaz The Original
03-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Why on earth did you check this flop?

If the action goes Hero bets $100, UTG raises to $300, MP3 all in $636, CO allin $1095 this looks much different, no?

Since 2 pair isn't really possible, I've got to put CO on 777. I am not really worried about UTG (who, if he has queens, god bless him. I took that risk when I entered the pot), and I take it MP3 is a donk?

I don't think I can fold when I fear only one hand (777) in a raised pot, not without better reads on the players.

Prevaricator
03-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Actually I'm glad you brought that up, because I've been checking to the aggro pfr too much in this game I believe. I checked because I believed the PFR would take a shot at the pot and would get called by one of the two players and then I could raise and string them both along, is that a bad line of thought? What other hands do I lead out with on a board like this then; without a range of hands it becomes transparent. Maybe Axc?

fsuplayer
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
this is one of the few flops I would CR with a set.

i dont like leading for $130ish, bc if the pfr calls, the others will jump in relatively cheaply with some weakers draws that could easily bust me for my stack (or at least put me in a shitty situation).

I check. normal action might go 130 + a call or two, then you can make it anywhere from 400 to all-in depending on the action.

you have great relative position on this one and you can choose exactly how much you want these guys to call.

I wouldnt be thrilled if i bet 120 and got three callers and a low club dropped.

Prevaricator
03-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Thats kind of what I was thinking, but I believe I take that sort of line too often in a multiway pot, whereas I often lead out HU with a set.

fsuplayer
03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
leading out in a multiway pot with the raiser in the middle is different than when he is next to act.

you should be doing both, in both situations you mentioned.

mgsimpleton
03-17-2005, 12:18 AM
i don't really udnerstand how you say you can only put him on 777 but can't fold without a better read.

2 pair is impossible, sure. but the only way you are really winning is if someone actually went all in, not knowing he was getting the right odds, with a flush draw. because neither of them has reason to suspect getting close to 3 to 1. soooo unless they are total donks, i think this is a fold. maybe that's too weak, but i can't see what else he has... maaaaaybe 45/56 clubs???

Dr. Strangelove
03-17-2005, 06:36 AM
The best light you could put this action in would be something like, UTG=AA/KK, MP=KQ or some kind of flush draw, CO=Has AQ or KQ clubs, puts MP on lower flush draw, and figures UTG will fold their overpair.

This really comes down to what you make of each player. If any of the above sounds really off--maybe CO reraises with AQs or something--you are probably just crushed.

What's with the UTG's overbet? Doesn't look like a bad line to take with a set, makes draws want to commit on the flop. Why is UTG bloating the pot out of position against 4 callers?

I don't think folding here is a terrible sin if CO is really solid or would have reraised with AQs. You are either a healthy favorite or have like 5% equity in the pot. Also, since UTG isn't an idiot, you won't get extra nearly dead money from his AA/KK (if he is that strong to begin with) if you do call and happen to be ahead of the CO.

Someone less lazy than me could do the math for the hypothetical CO that will play AQs/KQs/77 all exactly the same here and calculate your probable overall equity.

Prevaricator
03-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Somehow I doubt CO is pushing AQ or KQ, I also doubt that the UTG guy has an overpair, although that is in his possible range of hands.

Qx of clubs is a possibility however.

Dr. Strangelove
03-17-2005, 06:35 PM
That's two less hands that the CO can push with that you are ahead of then. So we have two all ins, what did they have?